Red's best infect creature is Razor Swine, which is the cheapest at 3 mana. 2 turns in a row is enough to play a creature, and then attack for lethal. Necropede and Ichorclaw Myr are really good. And then, I become obsessed with infect. Vines of Vastwood is an amazing card. They weren't good (objectively) but they were a hell of a lot better than I was. I'd probably not run it in general, though. White also has evasion effects like Apostle's Blessing (which is in flavor), Emerge Unscathed and Center Soul etc. In the more aggro or more control shifting playstyles of midrange, one of them will end up being useless. But Stolzmann just used cards like Muddle the Mixture to fetch combo pieces instead. Because life is traded for mana, the spells are almost always cheaper than normal. ._12xlue8dQ1odPw1J81FIGQ{display:inline-block;vertical-align:middle} Giving a creature +3/+3, then doubling it's power is nice. Like, a lot of people say edict effects but really that's like just lily in this format. It's a color that can be paired very well with many other colors, and is a classic modern infect color. Inkmoth Nexus is a 1/1 infect flier. Septic Rats is a 3/3 infect creature for 3 mana. Carrion Call makes 2 1/1 infecters for 4 mana... at INSTANT SPEED. This is what I would play when I am expecting a metagame similar to what we’ve been seeing lately on MTGO and in recent large tournaments. Red is powerful if you're using the artifact creatures (most of which are better than Red's) to get the job done. If you examine the highest ranking infect deck (as of 3/28/2018), there are 13 infect creatures (including Inkmoth Nexus), 20 lands (including Dryad Arbor), one kill spell Dismember, and one counterspell Spell Pierce. Regeneration - pretty expensive, but just allows for whittling attacks when losing. Since Red will likely utilize artifact infect creatures, Built to Smash is a direct upgrade to Green's Giant Growth. Definitely some of the best (if not hands-down the best) lands for infect. Poisonous does regular combat damage, and a specified amount of poison on hit. TappedOut.js Blog Widget. As an infect player, I wanted to break down Infect in a way that covers all colors in modern, their strengths and weaknesses, what they bring to the table, etc. First, infect is not hard to build a prototype of. In both of these matchups, Nissa, Voice of Zendikar is a great addition out of the sideboard, along with the Shapers’ Sanctuary, to help you keep pace in the late game. Can be good tho, even tho it is slow. Also meh. I found BMpatrol's 0 to 10 in 60 Seconds deck in a state much different from the one he has now. Fling is just for Soul's Fire's damage, but you have to Sac so it's a finisher. Demonmail Hauberk can equip pretty easily. This site © 2020 TappedOut.net, LLC So I have a question for r/spikes. They can be searched for with nontraditional means (, Do keep in mind, that if you use it, you cannot tap it for mana, for a turn. ._2cHgYGbfV9EZMSThqLt2tx{margin-bottom:16px;border-radius:4px}._3Q7WCNdCi77r0_CKPoDSFY{width:75%;height:24px}._2wgLWvNKnhoJX3DUVT_3F-,._3Q7WCNdCi77r0_CKPoDSFY{background:var(--newCommunityTheme-field);background-size:200%;margin-bottom:16px;border-radius:4px}._2wgLWvNKnhoJX3DUVT_3F-{width:100%;height:46px} Green is an amazing color, with a lot of very powerful cards that can bring the infect damage slamming into your opponents. Mutagenic Growth, for example, provides pump in colors like blue and white. The resolution of my screen was not optimized with the game, so the second level's request that I mulligan didn't work. A staple of modern infect decks. Monogreen is the best budget color - a cheap but effective deck can be made for 20-40 dollars. This is not going to give you a decklist, but instead give you enough resources to make your own great deck. OF. But why did they find it good. Really solid in any creature-centric infect deck running black. There's lots of options for multicolored cards. One mana for a great effect, and it recurs itself. I currently play it as a 1-of as well. BUT it can't be used offensively like Vines can, because Vines doesn't give hexproof. This annoying message will go away once you do! Not bad. But I still get the exhilaration of 100-0'ing someone. Virulent Wound is a weaker Disfigure (although permanent), but it is just , and it does give them a poison counter. Phyrexian Crusader is 3 mana with first strike AND infect, AND pro-red and white. It's almost incorrect to Bolt it, but if people are playing pyroclasm, anger, electrolyze, you're setting yourself up to get pretty blown out. Blue gets cheap counterspells, like Dispel (since most 'good' cards that disrupt in Modern are instants), Spell Pierce, and Swan Song. A game has never lasted long enough for me to ultimate her, but it certainly looks like it would be game-winning if you ever do. Their ONLY out is blowing up your creatures. Something infect isn't normally good at... Let's start with Phyrexian Mana cards. Strengths. ._9ZuQyDXhFth1qKJF4KNm8{padding:12px 12px 40px}._2iNJX36LR2tMHx_unzEkVM,._1JmnMJclrTwTPpAip5U_Hm{font-size:16px;font-weight:500;line-height:20px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-bodyText);margin-bottom:40px;padding-top:4px}._306gA2lxjCHX44ssikUp3O{margin-bottom:32px}._1Omf6afKRpv3RKNCWjIyJ4{font-size:18px;font-weight:500;line-height:22px;border-bottom:2px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-line);color:var(--newCommunityTheme-bodyText);margin-bottom:8px;padding-bottom:8px}._2Ss7VGMX-UPKt9NhFRtgTz{margin-bottom:24px}._3vWu4F9B4X4Yc-Gm86-FMP{border-bottom:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-line);margin-bottom:8px;padding-bottom:2px}._3vWu4F9B4X4Yc-Gm86-FMP:last-of-type{border-bottom-width:0}._2qAEe8HGjtHsuKsHqNCa9u{font-size:14px;font-weight:500;line-height:18px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-bodyText);padding-bottom:8px;padding-top:8px}.c5RWd-O3CYE-XSLdTyjtI{padding:8px 0}._3whORKuQps-WQpSceAyHuF{font-size:12px;font-weight:400;line-height:16px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon);margin-bottom:8px}._1Qk-ka6_CJz1fU3OUfeznu{margin-bottom:8px}._3ds8Wk2l32hr3hLddQshhG{font-weight:500}._1h0r6vtgOzgWtu-GNBO6Yb,._3ds8Wk2l32hr3hLddQshhG{font-size:12px;line-height:16px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon)}._1h0r6vtgOzgWtu-GNBO6Yb{font-weight:400}.horIoLCod23xkzt7MmTpC{font-size:12px;font-weight:400;line-height:16px;color:#ea0027}._33Iw1wpNZ-uhC05tWsB9xi{margin-top:24px}._2M7LQbQxH40ingJ9h9RslL{font-size:12px;font-weight:400;line-height:16px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon);margin-bottom:8px} My phone was still there. Bad Moon pumps your field for only two mana. PENIS. Fear, Profane Command are great. That's value. The best competitive color combination is probably UG. Capable of turn-2 kills thanks to cards such as Mutagenic Growth and Become Immense, some games are over before they’ve even properly begun.As a result, Infect remains a scary deck to sit down against, as you never know how stacked their opener might be. Nice. Virulent Sliver gives Poisonous 1 to all your slivers. Focus also has a hidden advantage. I'm gonna list some cards that could be useful, and maybe a reason why. It was great. All of Red's creatures are unplayable from a competitive standpoint. I don’t understand why Dryad Arbor is played in infect. But you know, wheres the fun in that... for commander? Edict effects are pretty strong against decks like Infect or Bogles. Your opponent can't buff their own dudes in response to save themselves. Here's a small sampling, not including what I've already mentioned. More frustratingly, it is indeed a whiff with CC, although triggering Artists when it dies upon CC flip is funny. against more controlling opponents or death shadow you will often not have any infect creatures left alive but will be able to win with normal damage. Ads by Fandom. Putrefax can win games out of nowhere, but I'd suggest Putrefax for something like GB infect, since that ways it's a reliable big damage creature, but it's slow enough that you'll use it. If you're building totally colorless, then the rest get better. Though it does have enough to make infect last a little longer or overcome some hate so the deck can still pull off the kind of game it wants to win. If the meta switches to decks centered around Amulet of Vigor, Lantern of Insight, Karn Liberated, Scapeshift, or Ad Nauseam, I don’t mind, because those are good matchups too! ._37coyt0h8ryIQubA7RHmUc{margin-top:12px;padding-top:12px}._2XJvPvYIEYtcS4ORsDXwa3{border-radius:100%;box-sizing:border-box;-ms-flex:none;flex:none;margin-right:8px}._2Vkdik1Q8k0lBEhhA_lRKE{height:54px;width:54px}.eGjjbHtkgFc-SYka3LM3M,._2Vkdik1Q8k0lBEhhA_lRKE{border-radius:100%;box-sizing:border-box;-ms-flex:none;flex:none;margin-right:8px;background-position:50%;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-size:100%}.eGjjbHtkgFc-SYka3LM3M{height:36px;width:36px}.j9k2MUR13FjoBBeLo1C1m{-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;margin-top:13px;margin-bottom:2px}._3Evl5aOozId3QVjs7iry2c{font-size:12px;font-weight:400;line-height:16px;margin-right:4px;margin-left:4px}._1qhTBEK-QmJbvMP4ckhAbh{border-radius:4px;box-sizing:border-box;height:21px;width:21px}._1qhTBEK-QmJbvMP4ckhAbh:nth-child(2),._1qhTBEK-QmJbvMP4ckhAbh:nth-child(3){margin-left:-9px}._3nzVPnRRnrls4DOXO_I0fn{margin:auto 0 auto auto;padding-top:10px;vertical-align:middle}._3nzVPnRRnrls4DOXO_I0fn ._1LAmcxBaaqShJsi8RNT-Vp i{color:unset}._2bWoGvMqVhMWwhp4Pgt4LP{margin:16px 0;font-size:12px;font-weight:400;line-height:16px}.tWeTbHFf02PguTEonwJD0{font-size:16px;margin-right:4px}._2AbGMsrZJPHrLm9e-oyW1E{width:180px;text-align:center}._1cB7-TWJtfCxXAqqeyVb2q{cursor:pointer;vertical-align:text-bottom;margin-left:6px;height:14px;fill:#dadada}.hpxKmfWP2ZiwdKaWpefMn{background-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-active);background-size:cover;background-image:var(--newCommunityTheme-banner-backgroundImage);background-position-y:center;background-position-x:center;background-repeat:no-repeat;border-radius:3px 3px 0 0;height:34px;margin:-12px -12px 10px}._20Kb6TX_CdnePoT8iEsls6{-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;margin-bottom:8px}._20Kb6TX_CdnePoT8iEsls6>*{display:inline-block;vertical-align:middle}.t9oUK2WY0d28lhLAh3N5q{margin-top:-23px}._2KqgQ5WzoQRJqjjoznu22o{display:inline-block;-ms-flex-negative:0;flex-shrink:0;position:relative}._2D7eYuDY6cYGtybECmsxvE{-ms-flex:1 1 auto;flex:1 1 auto;overflow:hidden;text-overflow:ellipsis}._2D7eYuDY6cYGtybECmsxvE:hover{text-decoration:underline}._19bCWnxeTjqzBElWZfIlJb{font-size:16px;font-weight:500;line-height:20px;display:inline-block}._2TC7AdkcuxFIFKRO_VWis8{margin-left:10px;margin-top:30px}._2TC7AdkcuxFIFKRO_VWis8._35WVFxUni5zeFkPk7O4iiB{margin-top:35px}._7kAMkb9SAVF8xJ3L53gcW{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;margin-bottom:8px}._7kAMkb9SAVF8xJ3L53gcW>*{-ms-flex:auto;flex:auto}._1LAmcxBaaqShJsi8RNT-Vp{padding:0 2px 0 4px;vertical-align:middle}._3_HlHJ56dAfStT19Jgl1bF,.nEdqRRzLEN43xauwtgTmj{padding-right:4px}._3_HlHJ56dAfStT19Jgl1bF{padding-left:16px}._2QZ7T4uAFMs_N83BZcN-Em{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px;font-weight:400;line-height:18px;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-flow:row nowrap;flex-flow:row nowrap}._19sQCxYe2NApNbYNX5P5-L{cursor:default;height:16px;margin-right:8px;width:16px}._3XFx6CfPlg-4Usgxm0gK8R{font-size:16px;font-weight:500;line-height:20px}._34InTQ51PAhJivuc_InKjJ{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon)}._29_mu5qI8E1fq6Uq5koje8{font-size:12px;font-weight:500;line-height:16px;display:inline-block;word-break:break-word}._2BY2-wxSbNFYqAy98jWyTC{margin-top:10px}._3sGbDVmLJd_8OV8Kfl7dVv{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px;font-weight:400;line-height:21px;margin-top:8px;word-wrap:break-word}._1qiHDKK74j6hUNxM0p9ZIp{margin-top:12px}.isNotInButtons2020 ._1eMniuqQCoYf3kOpyx83Jj{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;width:100%;-ms-flex-pack:center;justify-content:center;margin-bottom:8px}.isNotInButtons2020 ._326PJFFRv8chYfOlaEYmGt{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex}.isNotInButtons2020 .Jy6FIGP1NvWbVjQZN7FHA,.isNotInButtons2020 ._326PJFFRv8chYfOlaEYmGt{width:100%;font-size:14px;font-weight:700;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:32px;text-transform:uppercase;-ms-flex-pack:center;justify-content:center;padding:0 16px}.isNotInButtons2020 .Jy6FIGP1NvWbVjQZN7FHA{display:block;margin-top:11px}.isNotInButtons2020 ._1cDoUuVvel5B1n5wa3K507{display:block;padding:0 16px;width:100%;font-size:14px;font-weight:700;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:32px;text-transform:uppercase;-ms-flex-pack:center;justify-content:center;margin-top:11px;text-transform:unset}.isInButtons2020 .Jy6FIGP1NvWbVjQZN7FHA,.isInButtons2020 ._326PJFFRv8chYfOlaEYmGt,.isInButtons2020 ._1eMniuqQCoYf3kOpyx83Jj,.isInButtons2020 ._1cDoUuVvel5B1n5wa3K507{-ms-flex-pack:center;justify-content:center;margin-top:12px;width:100%}._2_w8DCFR-DCxgxlP1SGNq5{margin-right:4px;vertical-align:middle}._1aS-wQ7rpbcxKT0d5kjrbh{border-radius:4px;display:inline-block;padding:4px}._2cn386lOe1A_DTmBUA-qSM{border-top:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-widgetColors-lineColor);margin-top:10px}._2Zdkj7cQEO3zSGHGK2XnZv{display:inline-block}.wzFxUZxKK8HkWiEhs0tyE{font-size:12px;font-weight:700;line-height:16px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-button);cursor:pointer;text-align:left;margin-top:2px}._3R24jLERJTaoRbM_vYd9v0._3R24jLERJTaoRbM_vYd9v0._3R24jLERJTaoRbM_vYd9v0{display:none}._38lwnrIpIyqxDfAF1iwhcV{background-color:var(--newRedditTheme-line);border:none;height:1px;margin:16px 0}.yobE-ux_T1smVDcFMMKFv{font-size:16px;font-weight:500;line-height:20px}._2DVpJZAGplELzFy4mB0epQ{margin-top:8px}._2DVpJZAGplELzFy4mB0epQ .x1f6lYW8eQcUFu0VIPZzb{color:inherit}._2DVpJZAGplELzFy4mB0epQ svg.LTiNLdCS1ZPRx9wBlY2rD{fill:inherit;padding-right:8px}._2DVpJZAGplELzFy4mB0epQ ._18e78ihYD3tNypPhtYISq3{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px;font-weight:400;line-height:18px;color:inherit}