I never enjoyed school and I was never that good at school so leaving wasn't the biggest thing, but the social aspect of school, leaving your friends, you lose contact with them a bit and … When I left Dortmund, I said it's not important what people think when you come in but what they think when you leave. Good Time People Your. Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work, driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for, in order to get to a job that you need so you can pay for the clothes, car and the house that you leave empty all day in order to afford to live in it. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. ― Jodi Picoult, Leaving Time. If you're early on in your career and they give you a choice between a great mentor or higher pay, take the mentor every time. I do not at all understand the mystery of grace - only that it meets us where we are but does not leave us where it found us. Dear World, I am leaving because I am bored. Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. I just wanted to slip quietly out the back door, without causing any fuss or consequences, and then not stop running until I reached Greenland.”, “I make it easier for people to leave by making them hate me a little.”, “I hated myself for going, why couldn't I be the kind of person who stays?”, “I was always holding onto people, and they were always leaving.”, “Well, here at last, dear friends, on the shores of the Sea comes the end of our fellowship in Middle-earth. Leaving home in a sense involves a kind of second birth in which we give birth to ourselves. And then it is the easiest goddamned thing in the world.”, “I have learned that if you must leave a place that you have lived in and loved and where all your yesteryears are buried deep, leave it any way except a slow way, leave it the fastest way you can. The five signs that you should leave your job or change directions are: #1: You’re unhappy most of every day doing this work. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked, it has no choice, it will roll in ecstasy at your feet. BrainyQuote has been providing inspirational quotes since 2001 to our worldwide community. I didn't want to destroy anything or anybody. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. I said out loud, 'Sounds like Johnny can't read.' The most important mark I will leave on this world is my son. I don't just want to be remembered as the guy who beat Michael Phelps at the 2012 London Olympics - a one-hit wonder - I want to be an inspiration to the kids. Every day, my daddy told me the same thing. Passed years seem safe ones, vanquished ones, while the future lives in a cloud, formidable from a distance.”, “There ain't no way you can hold onto something that wants to go, you understand? What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others. No!” he says. You do not need to leave your room. For me, a fragrance is another way of leaving an impression on somebody. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier. I think the iPhone is the best consumer product ever. We decide on something, leave it lying around, and wait and see what happens. If death meant just leaving the stage long enough to change costume and come back as a new character, would you slow down? Indore is a must visit for all the foodies. Education is for improving the lives of others and for leaving your community and world better than you found it. Work at it, early and late, in season and out of season, not leaving a stone unturned, and never deferring for a single hour that which can be done just as well now. When I remember my family, I always remember their backs. Leave them wanting more and you know they'll call you back. Every time I leave a man I keep his house. No one can pass through life, any more than he can pass through a bit of country, without leaving tracks behind, and those tracks may often be helpful to those coming after him in finding their way. I am like a drop of water on a rock. Lives of great men all remind us, we can make our lives sublime, and, departing, leave behind us, footprints on the sands of time. Leave them alone. Good luck. Do not count on them. Every time I step on the field I will give everything I have and I will leave everything I have on the field every single Sunday. It's not even close. Leadership is not a popularity contest; it's about leaving your ego at the door. Technology is supposed to make our lives easier, allowing us to do things more quickly and efficiently. I will never lose the love for the arriving, but I'm born to leave.”, “They were involved in that awkward procedure of getting to unknow each other.”, “It's not that I want you to go, it's just that I don't want you to stay." I … You leave home to seek your fortune and, when you get it, you go home and share it with your family. “Every time we make the decision to love someone, we open ourselves to great suffering, because those we most love cause us not only great joy but also great pain. And you know how teachers, when a kid is struggling to pronounce a word, used to lead him and say, 'Johnny, sounds like... ? It begins with the vision to recognize when a job, a life stage, a relationship is over - and to let go. I had a speech class in elementary school. Because somewhere underneath, a part of us stayed like that: fearful of the world around us, and no matter how much we despised ourselves for it--unable quite to let each other go.”, “You read and write and sing and experience, thinking that one day these things will build the character you admire to live as. I always arrive late at the office, but I make up for it by leaving early. “I . The moral of this story is that no matter how much we try, no matter how much we want it … some stories just don’t have a happy ending.”. Caring about others, running the risk of feeling, and leaving an impact on people, brings happiness. Apart from values and ethics which I have tried to live by, the legacy I would like to leave behind is a very simple one - that I have always stood up for what I consider to be the right thing, and I have tried to be as fair and equitable as I could be. You can't live with the idea that someone might leave.”, “There’s something about arriving in new cities, wandering empty streets with no destination. Everything you want in life has a price connected to it.