Write down any questions you have about the college you are interviewing with so you can ask them during your interview, You might practice how you will answer interview questions with a friend, family member or even in a mirror to help you plan what you will say and how you will communicate with your interviewer, You might also bring any transcripts, letters of recommendation or other evidence to show how you succeeded in high school, College Interview Questions With Sample Answers. I’ve been working with computers for most of my life, and now I am looking for a radical change, since I am tired of corporate environment. Did you complete any honors or AP courses? Show them that you are happy to talk to them, show them that it makes sense to talk to you. If you answer well, it will help you to relax, and you will build a good position for the rest of the interview with them. What are your expectations of your college education program? As you can see on my resume, I have been unemployed for the past two years. If there are projects, research papers or other academic pursuits that you are interested in outside of class, you can share that in your answer. In brief, your answer should be part auto-ethnography, part forecast. If the interviewer asks you this question, it is most likely to assess which financial aid programs, grants or scholarships may be the best choices for you. Are your academics and extracurriculars strong enough for the schools you’re interested in? If you are still considering what to major in, you might not have an exact answer for this. I would even be happy to start a project with other interested classmates. Do you guys have that? The interviewer will most likely begin with some form of the question, “Tell me about yourself.” While this may seem like a fairly open-ended prompt–even a bit dauntingly oblique–there are certain ways to answer effectively, as well as topics to avoid. The Harvard Interview: What It’s Like, from a Harvard Student. Do not go into details of your experience, education, or anything else. To such belong: why you are a good adept for the job, what you seek in your career right now, the most essential skills and abilities you have, the value you can bring to our team, etc. I feel like I will have a better idea of my higher education goals after attending my program for a while.". Additionally, the attributes she offers, while pleasant, are not particularly revealing or demonstrative of what sets her apart from other candidates. The candidate also appears uninformed, since she does not know whether or not the college has her chosen major. Nevertheless, motivation, enthusiasm, and positive attitude (nearly) always works. The interviewee also expresses a negative attitude towards the school. If we want to hear details, if something catches our attention, we will ask you to elaborate on your answer. I feel that by accomplishing these goals I can further develop my critical and creative thinking.". These were sample answers to “tell me about yourself” question. They are my passion, my greatest hobby, and I believe that I’ve learned to understand them. The following college interview questions provide sample answers that can help you get ready for your college interview: During your college interview, the interviewer might ask you this question as a way to gauge your involvement and commitment to the school. Get started for free! We hope that you have found some inspiration in our answers, and that you will manage to prepare your great answer to this question. You may also want to practice a bit to make sure you know how you will answer the question. We hope that you have found some inspiration in our answers, and that you will manage to prepare your great answer to this question. I want to learn, and meet like-minded people in work. The hiring managers use it to break the ice, and to get a basic understanding of your communication skills, motivation, and expectations. He is trying to change his career, Former prisoner, trying to get back on track and secure some job in retail, Young graduate, applying for a position in social work, Ambitious financial analyst applying for a job in a private equity firm.