I didn’t want to spend over $200 to get a DSL modem from my network provider, so I purchased this used one instead for 1/4th that cost. Modem looks and works just like the one I was paying for; should have done this sooner for sure. It’s in the headline. 21st century! Just the same as centurylink provided. I used the Netgear for about the last 5 years and it was awesome, but now that device, while it still “sees” the DSL signal, won’t obtain Internet. 3. changed to netgear d6200 and will not connect. What wonders you hold, indeed. Good modem to use with Centurylink in 2013? It’s not plug and play, you HAVE to do a small amount of setup to get it connected. Click here to check out all the routers & extenders we currently offer to compliment this model! This website or its third-party tools use cookies, which are necessary to its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in the cookie policy. This, allows you to enjoy easy setup using a simple button. Multiple integrated access pages also allow direct connection to the status and settings, including privacy and security information. So cheap. 7 Mbps: 20 Mbps: 80 Mbps: 1 Gb: Gig Eth (4) Technicolor C2100T. 2 Press the power button ( ) on the back panel. This pairs with 2.4 GHz router to give you a broad connectivity option. Thanks! Easy to setup. Like most modems today, the Technicolor C1100T also has a WPS button. You can see each product's estimated arrival date during the checkout process. Now I sit with a smile on my face, watching Hulu and listening to the distant buzz of my Mom’s TV downstairs as she does the same, all while I write reviews online and play games on my tablet. I messed up the setting initially and the password for wifi was different than the one printed on the case, but i was able to find the wifi password under wifi security when logged in as the modem administrator, whose password was on the outside of the case and was correct. The best I could tell, the issue was with the modem. To be sure, I called CenturyLink and asked them what type of modem I’d need in order to be compatible with their system. In an ever-changing media world, Technicolor is a catalyst. Below is our list of port forwarding guides for the Technicolor routers. I will then send my partially working unit back after the new one is set up. It has the same basic web menu as the C1000A, so setting it up was a snap. However, Northwest Electronics is great! Excellent and it is approved by Century Link. A mute point? We were a little worried about this, but it works great. In addition to status lights on the front, this model was designed to be energy efficient and in accordance with the latest ECO standards. Over my old DSL modem, this one seems to offer a slight increase in speed (5%-10%?)