“Our coming of age has come and gone.” — A shoutout to every senior who had to graduate virtually this year. Hey, no need to blame the children for their father’s sins. © 2020 Condé Nast. In isolation my imagination has run wild and this album is the result, a collection of songs and stories that flowed like a stream of consciousness. “I've never been a natural.” — Me after beating my face for an hour with my Fenty Beauty kit. T. Taylor Swift Lyrics. Teen Vogue covers the latest in celebrity news, politics, fashion, beauty, wellness, lifestyle, and entertainment. seven. If that's not major quarantine mood, then I don't know what is. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Are Clare & Dale Still Together After 'The Bachelorette... Blake Shelton Asked Gwen Stefani's Sons For Their... Who Is Tayshia's Ex-Husband? Ad Choices, The Most Relatable Lyrics From Taylor Swift's “Folklore”, There's a Secret "Teenage Love Triangle" on Taylor Swift's. folklore is out now. Then she ends the lyric with powerful imagery of battleships sinking into the vastness of an ocean, describing the dramatic way it feels to make one wrong move and lose something huge. I’ve told these stories to the best of my ability with all the love, wonder, and whimsy they deserve. “Don't want no other shade of blue but you.” — Me when I can finally go to the beach again safely. “For the boys who broke my heart / Now I send their babies presents.” — Taylor, this is the ultimate power move. — Carolyn Cutrone, Credit: “Fifty years is a long time.” — Me thinking how long this pandemic may last (Was COVID on Taylor’s mind while writing this one?). From the poetic lyrics to the whimsy black-and-white cover art, even down to the choice of not capitalizing any of the track titles, folklore can best be described as the album you’ll have on repeat while laying in bed, snuggled in a robe, scented candle burning in the background, and journal in hand. Now it’s up to you to pass them down. Folklore also comes after Swift cancelled the dates of her tour for her seventh album, Lover Fest, which was set to begin in Brazil in July. Please note that if you purchase something by clicking on a link within this story, we may receive a small commission of the sale and the retailer may receive certain auditable data for accounting purposes. As for the best Taylor Swift Folklore lyrics for Instagram captions, we looked back at Swift’s most personal and heartbreaking lyrics from from the album to add to your social media. This makes for the best Taylor Swift Folklore lyrics to be some of the best of her entire career. “Will you call when you're back at school? We polled the EW staff on their favorite lines from Taylor Swift's new album, 'Folklore.' The Most Relatable Lyrics From Taylor Swift's “Folklore” Help, I'm in my feelings. “Most of the things I had planned this summer didn’t end up happening, but there is something I hadn’t planned on that DID happen. “You wear the same jewels that I gave you / As you bury me.” — Alison’s POV in Pretty Little Liars as all her friends mourn her, despite the fact that she’s actually alive. — Maureen Lee Lenker, Lyric: “And if I’m dead to you, why are you at the wake?” from "My Tears Ricochet", Why we love it: This has been ringing in my head for the last few days. “I'm still trying everything to get you laughing at me.” — Me literally embarrassing myself just to receive any sort of attention from my crush. Here are 25 of the most relatable words from the album that had us screaming “Omg, ME!” every three minutes. On “mirrorball,” the sixth track off of Taylor Swift’s surprise eighth studio album, folklore, she compares herself to a reflective disco ball: she sees herself as reflecting all Though her musical style has evolved quite a bit over time, one thing remains true of all of Taylor Swift's albums: They're full of lyrical gems. copyright 2020 © all rights reserved by stylecaster. “I've been having a hard time adjusting.” — Me all throughout quarantine. Our mission at STYLECASTER is to bring style to the people, and we only feature products we think you’ll love as much as we do. Entertainment Weekly is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation All Rights Reserved. Lyric: “Cold was the steel of my ax to grind for the boys who broke my heart/Now I send their babies presents" from "Invisible String", Why we love it: Taylor’s lyrics alternate between razor-sharp retorts and heartrending ennui. It reflects on the possibilities of what would have been if the relationship in question had gone a different path. Now that Swift's eighth studio album has been out in the world for a number of days and we've had time to sit with it, EW staff picked out their favorite lines from the record, complete with an explainer. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. The opening track on Taylor Swift's album "Folklore", "The 1" is one of the album's break-up songs. august. Sure, August could have been ours, or maybe it was never meant to be? This line, from the puckish “Invisible String,” is a delightful blend of both, as Swift notes her tendency to drag exes through the mud before stopping (or pausing?) — Darren Franich, Lyric: "We were something, don't you think so?/Rosé flowing with your chosen family/And it would've been sweet/If it could've been me/In my defense, I have none/For digging up the grave another time/But it would've been fun/If you would've been the one” from “The 1”, Why we love it: Taylor Swift’s greatest gift as a lyricist, in my humble opinion, is her ability to set scenes like this — simple in structure, but an entire mood in meaning. — Lauren Huff, Lyric: “I didn’t have it in myself to go with grace/And so the battleships will sink beneath the waves” from "My Tears Ricochet", Why we love it: This lyric is a classic example of Taylor Swift’s brutal honesty. Like the seven albums before it, Folklore is filled with personal lyrics about love, loss and heartbreak that make us feel like Swift has read every page of our diaries and turned it into an album. Plus, who doesn’t relate to the line “back when I was livin' for the hope of it all” during these unprecedented times. All rights reserved. The singer-songwriter's latest, Folklore, is no exception, with many critics heralding her new work as some of her finest. “She had a marvelous time ruining everything.” — Me to Miss Rona as I cross out yet another plan in my calendar. “And some things you just can't speak about.” — When someone tries to mention how I used to dress in middle school. Would you want me? By Gianluca Russ o. July 25, 2020 BETH GARRABRANT. album: "folklore" (2020) the 1. cardigan. In her announcement, Swift explained that she wrote and recorded the whole album, which consists of 16 tracks, while in isolation for the past four months. But before we discuss the best Taylor Swift Folklore lyrics, let’s break down what Swift has said about Folklore so far. — Chancellor Agard, Lyric: “Remember when I pulled up and said 'Get in the car'/And then canceled my plans just in case you'd call?/Back when I was livin' for the hope of it all, for the hope of it all/'Meet me behind the mall'" from "August", Why we love it: “Meet me behind the mall” is such a fun, youthful refrain. “Green was the color of the grass.” — Me remembering summer 2019, what a time. “Look at this idiotic fool that you made me.” — When my mom runs out of the grocery line to get one more item but doesn’t come back before the cashier is done scanning. What to Know About Her... Jordyn Woods Just Shaded Larsa Pippen After She Revealed... Joe Biden Just Won the Presidency & These Celebrity... It’s hard to choose the best Taylor Swift Folklore lyrics for Instagram captions. Sign up for the Teen Vogue daily email. “I knew you'd miss me once the thrill expired.” — The red balls outside Target to everyone during lockdown. It’s like scrolling through an ex’s Instagram stories: Harmless in theory, but keeps you thinking about that relationship, for better and worse. — Jessica Derschowitz, Lyric: "They told me all of my cages were mental/So I got wasted like all my potential/And my words shoot to kill when I'm mad/I have a lot of regrets about that" from "This Is Me Trying", Why we love it: Folklore largely seems to get away from the autobiographical nature of her previous seven albums, but "This Is Me Trying" feels like one of the exceptions. Teen Vogue may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers. — Chancellor Agard, Lyric: "August slipped away into a moment in time/'Cause it was never mine" from "August", Why we love it: Taylor hits at the core of our collective loneliness with Folklore, and "August," quite possibly the best song off the album, puts us in a fantasy where a fling could have been (and would have been) something more permanent; a love that keeps us warm and cozy.