Am i missing something???? This dish is literally everywhere as many shops and vendors all around Taiwan will sell this amazing dish. When hot, add in the cooking oil, shallots, garlic, star anise and cinnamon stick and saute until fragrant about 30 seconds. Perhaps you can find it at yours as well? I have tried the recipe twice and my family can’t stop raving about it! Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer. This was so good!!! Push aside the onion and ground beef to one side of the wok to create a small spot to fry the garlic. Both methods work out perfectly and will have your dish tasting just like new. And so cheap!! Lu Rou Fan (Taiwanese Braised Pork Rice Bowl 滷肉饭). My family will love this! It was delicious. Thanks, time to revisit it! Home » Lu Rou Fan Recipe (Taiwanese Braised Pork Rice Bowl 滷肉饭). Order your bowl today for $10 off + free shipping! While the pork mixture is simmer on the stove top, take the fried shallots and crush them with a mortar and pestle to a paste. I was looking for a spiced Chinese noodle and I only found this one!! It is now ready to serve. You’re my favorite food blogger ^_^. I tweaked slightly as was trying to recreate a dish I’d seen on IG: This looks fantastic! I made this for my family tonight, and it was a huge hit. this was awesome Jaden. Simmer for 5 minutes on medium-low heat. Let it boil for about a minute while making sure to stir things around. Required fields are marked *. Heat a large cast iron skillet on medium heat with 1 tablespoon of the oil. All Rights Reserved. If you are ever roaming around the streets of Taiwan, one food that you will commonly see is one called Lu Rou Fan / Taiwanese Braised Pork Rice Bowl / 滷肉饭. Unless you’re turning it into a burger or meatballs I probably don’t want anything to do with it. I’m 27 years old and I told my mom it’s one of my favorite dinners(not just for kids)!!! Not only does this go well with rice, but also with any kind of noodles or cooked … And in this recipe, I will be showing you how to make it in the most authentic way possible. I also used ground pork which was of course delicious but fatty. We will let you know as soon as they are ready for pre-order! Black rice vinegar should be the same, but any Asian market should have it. Filed Under: Chinese, Healthy, Pork, Rice, Taiwanese Tagged With: Chinese, Taiwan, Your email address will not be published. Since I already had oyster sauce and black vinegar, it was a snap to pull the ingredients together. new recipes, reviews, and giveaways every week!