In our Packet Product, the pure stevia leaf extract is blended with dextrose, a carbohydrate derived from corn, to produce the zero-calorie sweetener we call Stevia InThe Raw®. The brand names for stevia include Pure Via, Sun Crystals, Sweet Leaf and Truvia. The liver puts the fructose through a long list to get it metabolized. In our packet product, dextrose is used to dilute the very potent stevia leaf extract to make it measurable for consumers; dextrose does not alter the sweet flavor of the Stevia. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so. Each day, before each meal, you’re fed a sweetened snack. In our cup-for-cup Bakers Bag product, each serving (1 teaspoon by volume — 0.5 grams by weight) of Stevia In The Raw® contains less than two calories, which the FDA considers dietetically zero calories per serving. For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://maven.io/company/pages/privacy. quercetin (a natural pigment that is present in many vegetables, fruits, and grains). It is a sugar substitute that tastes and looks like sugar, yet has almost no calories. Copyright 2020 Zevia, © Disney All rights reserved. Fructose impairs the composition of our blood lipids, leading to accumulation of fat around the vital organs (visceral fat), and can potentially lead to heart disease. It’s also delicious in oatmeal, lemonade, and barbecue rub seasonings. Of course. There are recycled trends (before hitting it big in 2003, low-carb was all the rage in the ’70s), media hype (Master Cleanse, anyone? Go with a Zevia instead. In case you haven’t figured it out, High Fructose Corn Syrup is derived from corn syrup that is processed from corn. Stevia In The Raw® Bakers Bag is roughly the same size as a 5 lb. Yes. The most popular is white extract powder, but you can also buy dried stevia leaves, stevia liquid extract, or as small pellets to sweeten your coffee with. The Japanese are the biggest consumers of this sweetener and use it especially on foods, like soy sauce and as a replacement for saccharin and aspartame. As always, we suggest consulting your doctor if you have any questions regarding your stevia consumption and any affects it may have on any pre-existing conditions. What is Glycemic Load (GL) and how does it relate to a sugar substitute like Stevia In The Raw®? Most compelling evidence has shown that it increases insulin production, increases insulin’s effect on cell membranes, stabilizes blood sugar levels and can help to counter some of the complications of type 2 diabetes. Good deal. With NO calories, low glycemic index and does not have any carbohydrates. How is a 9.7 oz. It contains a non-nutritive compound that trips our sweetness taste buds, more or less like artificial sweeteners except, of course, that it isn't artificial. Personal fun sharing moment. Stevia vs High Fructose Corn Syrup. For one, by suppressing an inflammatory particle called tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNFα). Want some extra reading on the subject? Sprinkle it over cereal or fruit, like strawberries and blueberries. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. Both from Amazon that you can find below.Stevia in the Raw,  individual 200 packetsSweet Drops SweetLeaf Liquid Stevia SweetenerPyure Organic All-Purpose Blend Stevia Sweetener. However, when combining it with a liquid, it doesn’t dissolve as easily as sugar. In other words, stevia and aspartame didn’t cause people to compensate for the calorie deficit. This is feature allows you to search the site. Sugar in the raw is still refined and has little nutrition. Yes, Stevia is available in many forms. The 9.7 oz. First of all, I’m over 50, and most importantly, focusing on healthy living. Stevia In The Raw® contains dextrose, a carbohydrate derived from corn, making it kosher for Passover for the Sephardic Jewish sect, but not kosher for Passover for other Jews. This is why combining erythritol with stevia is a great choice and very sweet. I've been using Stevia almost exclusively for seven years with no ill effects. Read more or watch Dr. Lustig on my  recommended YouTube that I have the link right here . Many sugar substitutes in powder form contain dextrose because it is an ingredient that does not change the flavor of the sweetener in the blend. I am trying to go all natural and I have been using "sugar in the raw" but I keep seeing this "stevia" sugar product, does anyone know anything about it? On the positive side, there is fructose that occurs naturally in fruit. Dr Lustig YouTube. The additive erythritol was isolated in 1952 and was originally found in blackstrap molasses. Walking on the sweet side of the various sugars can be confusing. Research has shown, that what we eat a lot of, that will be the food item that we will crave and want more. This sweetener has a higher digestive tolerance compared to all other polyols due to the fact that approximately 90 percent of the ingested erythritol is excreted unchanged in the urine.