Steve jobs were more outgoing and a great public speaker. While Wozniac conceived the computers, he was in charge of marketing, and he was able to boost the sales to $ 139 million after three years of the introduction of Apple’s second model. This article was republished from FEE.org under a Creative Commons License. EDITORIAL INQUIRIES: Secondly, I think you'd see a lot of new schools starting…You could have twenty-five-year-old students out of college, very idealistic, full of energy instead of starting a Silicon Valley company, they'd start a school. We are currently benefiting from their work. Personality. Bill Gates, on the other hand, was more open to ideas of employees to create concepts for new products. and updated on April 26, 2018, Difference Between Similar Terms and Objects. They have enabled individuals to have a comfortable life because of their useful inventions. In a 1995 interview with the Smithsonian Institution, Jobs asserted his support for vouchers and entrepreneurial educators: I believe very strongly that if the country gave each parent a voucher for forty-four hundred dollars that they could only spend at any accredited school several things would happen. Steve Jobs and Bill Gates have both been leaders in educational philanthropy. I believe that they would do far better than any of our public schools would. He sold it in 2006. October, both within the same year of 1955. While Elon Musk and Steve Jobs contributed important innovations to society, Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates said that the way they operate is pretty different, in an interview with Bloomberg. PROTIP: The vastly different education policy approaches favored by Gates and Jobs may be due in part to their own childhood schooling experiences. The teachers can't teach and administrators run the place and nobody can be fired. PROTIP: Press the ← and → keys to navigate the gallery, 'g' to view the gallery, or 'r' to view a random image. When it comes to education reform, there are generally two camps: those who want to improve the existing mass compulsory schooling system through tweaking and tuning and those who want to build something entirely new and different. Please note: comment moderation is enabled and may delay your comment. Bill Gates, on the other hand, gained massive profits and rose to be one of the wealthiest men in the world. Microsoft is still a worldwide success as it has achieved a lot after its conception. Previous: View Gallery Random Image: Your email address will not be published. There's no question about it. editorial@philanthropydaily.com, GENERAL INQUIRIES: For Jobs, vouchers were only one piece of the education transformation puzzle. Is that an intelligence test? advertising@philanthropydaily.com, 302.635.7354119 N. High St., West Chester, PA 19380, Photo credit: Joi Ito on Wikimedia Commons. Your email address will not be published. In the initial years of invention, Steve Jobs did not do well, and he went into debts because of this. They started their company in 1975, but it was not doing well. However, if he had not sold his shares when he left Apple in 1985, he would have been worth $ 36 billion. Claiming Electoral And Voter Fraud. Steve Jobs quotes What Jobs says is truly fascinating and inspiring. comics, steve jobs, bill gates, most viewed image on kym. As seen above, Steve Jobs was a successful entrepreneur who together with Steve Wozniak co-founded Apple Computer. The problem there, of course, is the unions. Chipping away slowly at standard schooling may not be doing much good. Joe Biden's Hat Offers Response To Trump's "MAGA" Cap, TikTokers Are Helping Each Other Shoplift From Chain Stores Through #BorrowingTips, The Latest Iteration Of "Oh You Love X? He was a smart student who excelled in Math and Sciences. This is because their inventions have simplified methods of carrying out various tasks thus facilitating luxury. He attended Read College in 1972 before throwing within the towel that exact same year, and traveled through India in 1974 seeking enlightenment and studying Zen Buddhism. They founded this venture by selling Job’s Volkswagen while Wozniak sold his scientific calculator. He later left the company in 1985 and launched Pixar Animal Studios. info@philanthropydaily.com, ADVERTISING INQUIRIES: While both of these tech moguls dropped out of college to start wildly successful businesses, their opinions on K-12 education policy reflect many of the differences that came to symbolize their respective companies. This is because his invention was futuristic. Steve Jobs pioneered a series of technologies like the iPod and iPad. Steve Jobs was the founder of Apple while Bill Gates was the founder of Microsoft. They revolutionized the computer industry by smaller machines which were cheaper, smaller and accessible to customers. DifferenceBetween.net. https://www.worldteachesus.com/2019/12/steve-jobs-quotes.html. Directed by Paul Abascal. Steve Jobs thought about the future when making his inventions. Number one, schools would start marketing themselves like crazy to get students. 'g' Bill Gates, on the other hand, is a successful entrepreneur and is one of the wealthiest men in the world. Jobs was born in San Francisco , California, and put up for adoption. He saw that true educational transformation requires disrupting the entire mass schooling model. Bill Gates was working on the present time. Posts picture on the normal entry. Bill Gates, on the contrary, is more reserved. Bill Gates vs. Steve Jobs. Administrator reuploads it at the hot topic 30 minutes lates. Steve jobs were more outgoing and a great public speaker. It's terrible. In 2014, he stepped down as the chairman of Microsoft to focus on charity with his foundation Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Steve Jobs on Bill Gates: ‘Unimaginative’ and should have tried LSD . Trump Supporters Host 'Stop The Steal' Rallies Across The U.S. There might be no iPod, iPhone,or iPad if Gates hadn't stepped in. By Greg Lamm ... which is why I think he’s more comfortable now in philanthropy than technology. It starts out with a long introduction about Jobs. He placed himself as the head of the company at the tender age of 23. This writer is entitled to her opinion, but it’s a slippery slope when you allow one writer to disparage the approach or actions of one philanthropist (The Gates Foundation) vs. another (Steve Jobs). In 1976, Steve Jobs was just 21 years old he and his friend Steve Wozniak started Apple Computer in Steve’s family garage. April 26, 2018 < http://www.differencebetween.net/technology/differences-between-bill-gates-and-steve-jobs/ >. Why should they work at a school for thirty-five to forty thousand dollars if they could get a job here at a hundred thousand dollars a year? These products are currently dictating the evolution of the modern technology. He realized that an incremental approach to reforming the existing mass schooling model does not work because of the power structures and bureaucratic tendencies inherent in conventional schooling. Steve Jobs was born in 1955, and his parents gave him for adoption. The unions are the worst thing that ever happened to education because it's not a meritocracy. He was an entrepreneur; he was the co-founder, chief executive and chairman of Apple computer. There is no need to resubmit your comment. Apple’s visionary motto of “Think Different” challenges the status quo, while Microsoft’s “Empowering Us All” may just capture the next incremental change on a well-trodden path. Bill Gates, on the contrary, is more reserved. I knew both Bill Gates & Steve Jobs reasonably well back in the day. Jobs speech starts at around 7:30 into the video. In 2014, Bill Gates announced that he would step down as the chair of Microsoft so that he can focus on his charity. Steve Jobs was more autocratic in that he controlled almost everything in his company, right from the idea generation to the final product release. Right or wrong, this one is pure Steve Jobs. He resigned in January as CEO and passed away in October after battling cancer. Do You Remember That "Hot Cheeto Girl" From Your High School? Some of the schools would go broke. Apple is dominating technological gadgets in the world while Microsoft is being used by Office Suite software which is quite imperative in the corporate world. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has funneled hundreds of millions of dollars into K-12 education over the past 20 years, including $280 million toward Common Core, which people of all political persuasions came to despise for its standardization and government overreach. 2,000 views Vs 1,800,000 views. © 2007-2020 Literally Media Ltd. No thanks, take me back to the meme zone! Not surprisingly, Apple co-founder Steve Jobs was in the “think different” camp, advocating for school choice and vouchers, while Microsoft’s Bill Gates backed the Common Core State Standards and other incremental reforms within the conventional mass schooling model. He was raised within the San Francisco Bay Area. My mother taught me how to read before I got to school and so when I got there I really just wanted to do two things. And they really almost got me. Gates’ passion for numbers and equation made him create an OS that took over Office Suites products. Read the original article here. In 2005 Jobs gave the commencement speech at Stanford. I wanted to read books because I loved reading books and I wanted to go outside and chase butterflies. After a decade, he returned to Apple and ultimately met his death in 2011 after battling cancer. He co-founded Apple with Steve Wozniak in 1976. Apple’s visionary motto of “Think Different” challenges the status quo, while Microsoft’s “Empowering Us All” may just capture the next incremental change on a well-trodden path. Name Every Y" Meme May Be The Funniest Yet. "Differences Between Bill Gates and Steve Jobs." He is one of the richest and most successful businessmen in the world. Bill Gates, on the other hand, was more open to ideas of employees to create concepts for new products. In the same Smithsonian interview, Jobs said: I'd like the people teaching my kids to be good enough that they could get a job at the company I work for, making a hundred thousand dollars a year. They had spent a lot of time together because of their passion for computers. Steve Jobs' Death - Steve Jobs & Bill Gates on Philanthropy Like us on Facebook! I don’t know what Philanthropy Daily hoped to gain by republishing this article, but it certainly casts a negative light on you in my opinion. Though they have different mindsets, they are geniuses and hardworking people. However, the primary difference between these two icons lies in their inventions. Legal Information: Know Your Meme ® is a trademark of Literally Media Ltd. By using this site, you are agreeing by the site's terms of use and privacy policy and DMCA policy. It would be rather painful for the first several years…But far less painful I think than the kids going through the system as it is right now.