Think it sounds weird? It should not be Your email address will not be published. Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram. 2 heaping spoonfuls of creamy peanut butter – about 1/2 cup. They will not defrost evenly and your results will be unsatisfactory. For more information read our Entire Affiliate Disclosure. To increase the peanut butter flavor use UNFED starter and don’t use more than the recipe calls for. This Oatmeal cookie recipe holds well in your cookie jar several days. Reduced-fat varieties often have more carbohydrates, which replaces the calories lost from fat. Nuts can be added in small quantities (1 cup or less) so they don't over power the cookie taste or texture. Tag us on instagram with your stories and pics of our recipes. Plus peanut butter and whole-grain toast are packed with protein, fiber and nutrients. Top peanut butter sourdough cookies recipes and other great tasting recipes with a healthy slant from SparkRecipes.com. Required fields are marked *, All Rights Reserved 2017 © BetterBody Foods, 1 Cup BBF organic naturally refined coconut oil, 1 tsp BBF organic bourbon madagascar vanilla. 10. Hi Ann, Thanks so much for your great review of this recipe. The second batch was much better. However, omega-3-enriched peanut butter has 195 calories in the same portion. 2 Cups ( 309 g) semi sweet chocolate chips OR butterscotch chips. I also love the cookie scoop. They also freeze well. add the eggs and starter. (I do that all the time. advertisements are served by third party advertising companies. Yum! Add the softened oats to the flour mixture and mix until blended (can use hands). In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Bake for 15-20 minutes until they are golden brown. The baking chips can be 50/50 chocolate chips or 100% butterscotch chips. These cookies make great foodie gifts BTW. Subscribe to Our Newsletter for recipes, DIY and Garden Tips Delivered to your inbox every Monday! , The world of homemade cookies has a lot of flexibility. Delicious Sourdough Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies sourdough discard. mix well. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. We like and share! Bake at 350 degrees F. for 9 to 11 minutes until just lightly browned. These are pretty cookies also. In my old age I have discovered the cookie scoop. This recipe is easy to follow and quick to make. blend until smooth. You can store the dough in the fridge (up to three days in an airtight cover). sourdough peanut butter cookies are MUCH easier to get evenly baked if your baking sheet is lined with a marked silicone matt. Remove from the freezer bag the amount of cookies you wish to defrost. Make sure they are finely chopped. 5. Enter the PBfit® peanut butter sourdough cookie. ♡, Hi Shereil, Thanks so much for sharing how this recipe worked best for you. We love your interest in our work. Privacy Policy mix with a hand mixer until fluffy. Nutrition Information for Desserts and Snacks, USDA Nutrient Database: Bread, Whole Wheat, Commercially Prepared, Toasted, USDA Nutrient Database: Bread, White, Toasted, USDA Nutrient Database: Peanut Butter, Smooth, Reduced Fat, USDA Nutrient Database: Peanut Butter, Smooth, With Salt, USDA Nutrient Database: Peanut Butter, Chunk Style, With Salt, USDA Nutrient Database: Peanut Butter With Omega-3, Creamy, Harvard School of Public Health: Fats and Cholesterol: Out With the Bad, In With the Good, PARTNER & LICENSEE OF THE LIVESTRONG FOUNDATION. Sourdough molasses cookies are soft, chewy and full of delicious spice. You'll get about 267 calories from one slice of toast with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. The LIVESTRONG Foundation and LIVESTRONG.COM do not endorse Or suck it out through the uncompleted seal and then seal it fast. diagnosis or treatment. The calories are low enough to work into your daily goals without ruining your diet. Have a great day! Roll the dough into balls the size of a golf ball and place on the cookie sheet. Leaf Group Ltd. Your email address will not be published. lol. They are VASTLY different recipes. Moreover, we do not select every advertiser or advertisement that appears on the web site-many of the A fun addition might be forming the balls and placing a chocolate "kiss" in the center just before baking. Copyright Policy Add chocolate or butterscotch chips to really up the sweet yumminess. Add water to oats and stir. Plus peanut butter and whole-grain toast are packed with protein, fiber and nutrients. The baking chips can be chocolate chips OR (our favorite) butterscotch chips. chill the dough in the fridge for 20 minutes. As long as you don't choose a higher-calorie bread, such as potato bread, most types of bread have about the same calories. She made our peanut butter sourdough cookies and requested a chewy oatmeal cookie with the peanut butter. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the LIVESTRONG.COM Join us in our journey to live better and eat healthier. Use a creamy style Jiff type brand (generics work fine) for best results. One slice of toasted whole-wheat bread has 76 calories, while a slice of toasted white bread contains 79 calories. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Instructions: Mix sourdough starter, peanut butter, butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. They should defrost within an hour. your family will love these yummies. Natural brands tend to make a drier cookie that fall apart. (Top 500 Recipes) Peanut Butter Sourdough Cookies Recipes Everyone's had a traditional peanut butter cookie, it's time to up your game. Home » Breads and Muffins » Sourdough » Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies with Sourdough, Posted on June 9, 2020 By: Author Diane. No longer do I finish baking covered up to my elbows in dough. Add the dry ingredients to the starter mixture and mix until combined. But it will not print. Kayti and Diane the Co-Founders of  Homemade Food Junkie blog. Do NOT microwave the frozen cookies for a quick defrost. Drop on greased or lined cookie sheet by teaspoon or cookie scoop. You can also subscribe without commenting. Other versions of this peanut butter cookie recipe you may want to try: I chose to make these without the chocolate chips this time. One of our sourdough bakers, Eva, requested this recipe. Let stand 15 minutes so the oats absorb water and the mixture cools down. and I relate to cookie dough elbows and misshapen cookies.Happy Baking! Terms of Use We have so many great recipes to use up your extra sourdough starter both fed and unfed. While I was creating my sourdough peanut butter oatmeal cookies Eva made her own low sugar version. Sourdough discard cookies are one of our favorite ways to use up extra unfed starter. To date, the Peanut Butter Bread segment has been viewed more than 172,000 times. . . They baked well same day AND after freezing pre-scooped.cookies. LIVESTRONG.com may earn compensation through affiliate links in this story. This is a little high for a snack, according to MedlinePlus, but makes a good basis for breakfast or lunch. Like toilet paper, there was an almost immediate run on flour and the like as people prepared for stay-at-home measures. You will need to copy and paste the recipe into your personal notes system. Find ALL of our sourdough discard recipes in our SOURDOUGH SECTION. LIVESTRONG is a registered trademark of the LIVESTRONG Foundation. I suggest you double the recipe and freeze one half of the recipe. You can’t really taste the sourdough tang, but you can tell there is a greater depth of Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone mats for easiest cookie removal. With the starter, oats, peanut butter and chocolate you might think there was too much going on, but the flavors blended in a very subtle way. I hope you agree. You can omit all the baking chips and still have a great cookie. You'll get quality protein, vitamins E and B-6, and the fat in peanut butter consists mostly of healthy unsaturated fats that help lower cholesterol. Enter the PBfit® peanut butter sourdough cookie. Preheat oven to 350° F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. any of the products or services that are advertised on the web site. You are here: OR any flavored baking chips you want to try. Most types of peanut butter -- chunky, smooth, reduced fat or fortified -- all contain about 188 calories in a 2-tablespoon serving. Looking forward to trying more! They all loved it. Peanut butter sourdough cookies These Sourdough Peanut Butter cookies are great! Hi Faith, We do love cookies. 1. These cookies hold several days and freeze well. used as a substitute for professional medical advice, Take a look around. Brown Bread With Peanut Butter Cheesy Alfredo Pasta, Chef's Basket Explorer Choco Rolls, Hide And Seek Garlic Butter Guava Delight, Tropicana Kambu Puttu Kaya Jam Kurkure Methi Chole Moong Dal, Bikano Oreo Ice Cream Label the bag with the recipe name and date. Here are some ideas for additions and substitutions.