Carefully pull the hot pan from the oven. This is so good on potatoes, chicken, roasted vegetables, or mixed with sour cream and buttermilk to make dressing. The seasoning can be completely customized for your family. Combine all ingredients in a small mason jar and mix well. Once the oven is to temperature, spread ¼ cup (1/2         stick) of butter pieces on the pan and place in the oven to melt. This step is CRUCIAL so that the chicken breading doesn’t stick to the pan. In a gallon plastic bag, mix together Bisquick, and Hidden Valley Buttermilk Ranch dressing. Be sure the pieces of chicken are at least an inch apart from each other, otherwise the chicken won’t get as crispy. Easy to make and lots of flavor. Turn the bag over several times to ensure the chicken is coated with the ranch and … It is a super simple recipe. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when thickest piece is cut to bone (170°F for breasts; 180°F for thighs and legs). Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window). If you prefer to use chicken breasts, I would suggest cutting them into smaller pieces and using a meat hammer to pound them to 1/2 inch thickness. I am not a perfect homemaker. Allow the chicken to cool for 5 minutes before eating. ¼ cup Homemade Ranch Seasoning (see recipe below) ½ cup butter, cut into small pieces . Spray 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking spray. You want all the flour to be soaked in a thin layer of spray grease. Apparently deep frying anything is not a strong suit of mine. Let me share exactly how you too can create this masterpiece in your own kitchen. MyFreezEasy Review: The Easiest Way to Make Freezer Meals, How to Get the Most Out of Your Limited Freezer Space, Why I Won’t Be Cooking a Thanksgiving Dinner. The pan gets nice and hot and covered in melted butter before you place the chicken on it. Single. Yep, I have dust and crumbs in my home too. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Oven fried chicken can be made with inexpensive cuts of chicken, like the hindquarters. Now, this is not exactly like fried chicken. Place chicken, bone side down, in pan. Get Oven-Fried Ranch Chicken Recipe from Food Network You can also find 1000s of Food Network's best recipes from top chefs, shows and experts. You only need enough grease to coat the pan (not a thick layer). How hard can it be? Your email address will not be published. Quickly add the chicken to the pan. Classic oven-fried chicken gets a kick from ranch dressing in a super-simple, decidedly delicious recipe. Take the pan out of the oven and carefully flip the chicken. Prepare chicken. This helps the chicken cook more evenly and quickly. This step is CRUCIAL so that the chicken breading doesn’t stick to the pan. This recipe is as close to real fried chicken as I’ll ever make. Make sure to not crowd the chicken. So easy! Please do not alter photos in any way without first obtaining permission from me, in writing. Dip chicken in breading, turning to coat completely; shake off excess. In large resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix buttermilk, dressing mix and chicken. Because I’m a visual person (and I want to make this recipe reliably reproducible) I included a picture of what they should look like. © www.legenrecipes.com 2020. Total Time: 1 hour . Oven Fried Ranch Chicken This oven fried chicken is absolutely yummy. Bake Time: 45 – 50 minutes. Tender #1 = dredged only in flour. Required fields are marked *. Best part of it is, it uses very little fat, unlike most oven-fried chicken recipes. How to Make Oven-fried Chicken: First you are going to put an ungreased baking sheet into the oven and heat the oven to 425 degrees. Put the pan in the oven on the bottom shelf. I recently decided to tackle the challenge of creating a crispy, oven-fried chicken recipe and decided to flavor it with Ranch seasoning, because who can honestly say they don’t like Ranch? Seal bag; turn bag several times to coat chicken. The secret to getting a crispy skin is preheating the pan with butter. Members are requested to refrain from insults, swearing and vulgar expression. I'm a homemaker, wife to one amazing husband, and mother to four sweet little girls. My husband requested this meal again for dinner the next day and he’s not even a huge Ranch dressing fan! Quickly pour vegetable oil over sheet and spread using a paper towel. Required fields are signed with *. I love to buy 10 pounds of hindquarters when they are on sale to serve a large crowd. The result… a smoke-filled kitchen, the sound of a fire alarm blaring overhead, and a pan of half burnt, half raw chicken. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight. 3/4 cup all-purpose flour. Then dip the chicken in the egg wash (1 egg and 2 tbsps water, beaten) and roll in flour and ranch seasoning again. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Use a cooking spray (like Pam) to spray each piece of chicken well. Brush the chicken with the additional ¼ cup of butter. This recipes has great TIPS to help get that delicious crunchy coating, that won’t stick to the pan. I am excited to share my creations with you! Spray chicken using cooking spray, until fully coated. Join me as I learn how to become a better homemaker! Lightly spray top of chicken with cooking spray. Join us by registering right now. Chicken pieces should be at minimum 1 inch apart. Required fields are marked *. Crispy oven-fried chicken is a great comfort-food, that’s health-ish. On our website you can find not only delicious homemade recipes, but also read the opinions of other users about the recipe preparation, as well as other home cooks tell us what you think about this recipe by leaving a comment on the site. Then trim into smaller pieces (like chicken strip or chicken nugget sized). Arrange chicken on hot, greased baking sheet. We reserve the right to delete any comment without notice or explanations. Muffins recipe with feta, cottage cheese and spinach. I tried a few different approaches to cooking chicken that would produce a crispy skin and flavorful meat without the smoky kitchen. Add the chicken, a few pieces at a time, to the seasoning and shake to coat well. In shallow dish, mix breading ingredients. Cover a large baking sheet with tin foil. But it is still delicious. Seriously. Using this website, means you're okay with this. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when thickest piece is cut to bone (170°F for … Dip the chicken in the egg wash and then dredge the piece of chicken in the flour and ranch once more. Do not open the oven door, as it will cause the oven temperature to drop. Throw away any remaining seasoning. When you separate the thighs from the drumsticks with a butcher knife, 10 pounds gets me around 2 dozen pieces of chicken! If using chicken breasts, I would recommend covering it in Saran wrap and using a meat hammer to pound it to 1/2 inch thickness. They’re trimmed and ready to use. Mix the flour with your seasoning in a gallon size zip-top bag, or in an ice cream pail with lid. Time. Ingredients: 6 chicken hindquarters, or 10-12 drumsticks or bone in thighs. This allows the skin to form a crispy crust. Heat oven to 425°F. If you have issues with frying food like I do, or just want a healthier option, this oven fried chicken recipe is for you. Store at room temp. If desired, broil the chicken for 5 minutes for an extra crispy skin. Your email address will not be published. Coat chicken one … After you are finished with each piece of chicken, place it on a lightly floured cutting board. Thank you! 6 chicken hindquarters, or 10-12 drumsticks or bone in thighs, ¼ cup Homemade Ranch Seasoning (see recipe below). Cook for 12 minutes. Tender #2: dredged in flour then ranch seasoning. Lay prepared chicken on a lightly floured cutting board. Bake at 400° F for 25-30 minutes. Perfect for a potluck, and it costs less than $10. And watch videos demonstrating recipe prep and cooking techniques. I used chicken tenders because they’re so convenient. The skin, while flavorful and crispy does not have the same crunch and thickness that comes from deep frying. Your email address will not be published. Trim as needed. Seriously guys, this recipe is a keeper. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Tender #3: dredged in flour, ranch seasoning, dipped in egg wash, then dredged in flour and ranch seasoning again (ready to go in oven). The meat is tender and juicy, the skin crispy and full of flavor. No comments yet, be the first to leave one! You are welcome to use a photo, as long as you provide a link back to the original post. Just a quick toss in the seasoning and into the oven your chicken goes. (Did you know that you can buy ranch seasoning in a ginormous bottle? Cook chicken for 12 minutes on bottom rack of oven. All rights reserved. After 12 minutes, flip the chicken over (quickly) and return it to the oven for another 12 minutes. In fact, you can eliminate the fat entirely if you are using leg quarters or thighs with the skin on. Place back in the oven and bake an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is a dark golden brown. This was delicious, hot and cold. Note: Comments on the web site reflect the views of their respective authors, and not necessarily the views of this web portal.