Hey, is there a descriptive adjective called doggy? In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. He spent his mornings in a bed at the travel agency, where he had his breakfast, and then he moseyed over to the Bronte Historical Society Museum for his dinner and some human attention. There is plenty of blank space in the book to have increased the font size and making the font bold would have increased the enjoyment of the read tremendously. The book was listed as "good condition", so there's minor wear on the cover and discoloration due to age, but it's got all of its pages and is still well bound for being roughly 52 years old. One of my favourite books. Eliot’s famous collection of nonsense verse about cats-the inspiration for the Andrew Lloyd Webber musical Cats. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. This edition features pen-and-ink drolleries by Edward Gorey throughout. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on May 20, 2017. But in its sources, in its emotional springs, it comes from America.". Eliot. Fun book to read to my kids. My only compliant was that the bar code was stuck on the front of the book, given the age of the book it meant removing it did cause some damage. Unable to add item to List. It’s a combination of things. Seriously, I read this because I was told that the play 'Cats' was based on it. Find all the books, read about the author, and more. Those stupid oafs! The literature is great, but the size of the print and the vividness of the print are disappointing. Axel Scheffler as always is amazing and really brings the stories and characters to life. Please try again. This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location. Eliot had met Thomas, there would have been a very British verse about him included in this wonderful volume. The book was published in multiple languages including English, consists of 56 pages and is available in Hardcover format. I am disappointed by the torn and creased pages in this new book. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. and have personality to spare. Can Olivia save her family from long-kept, dark secrets? On a visit to the home of the Bronte's in Haworth, West Yorkshire, I met Thomas, a tuxedo cat, who lived in the village. When read by you, it will make them let go of the video game or smart phone for awhile!!! These items are shipped from and sold by different sellers. As the book was coming from the US I was slightly worried, though it turned out brilliantly. 4 High seas adventures in one! HA! and have personality to spare. Eliot was born in the United States, moved to the United Kingdom in 1914 (at age 25), and became a British subject in 1927 at the age of 39. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Bought this to remind me of my trip to see cats the musical.The book and illustrations are lovely. Eliot less than 5 stars. One of my favourite books. Bring your club to Amazon Book Clubs, start a new book club and invite your friends to join, or find a club that’s right for you for free. Edward Gorey (1925-2000) wrote and illustrated such popular books as The Doubtful Guest, The Gashlycrumb Tinies, and The Headless Bust. There was a problem loading your book clubs. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Wonderful wordy and rhythmic poems about cats that we read aloud before bed. The Curious Story of Edward Gorey. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. If you're one of those people who doesn't like cats, you suck so just go away and suck somewhere else. Unable to add item to List. is based on, man are you missing out. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. Gardners Books; 1st Edition (October 31, 1982), Reviewed in the United States on September 3, 2019. When I saw the listing mention one for the copy I purchased, I was excited, perhaps more so than I was for the book itself. They talk about cats being cats doing cat things. My cousin treated me to CATS the musical in Hollywood, CA a month ago. Bought this to remind me of my trip to see cats the musical.The book and illustrations are lovely. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on May 20, 2017. How could I possibly rate T.S. Well, it's a classic,isn't it? Excellent! You're listening to a sample of the Audible audio edition. Quit kidding around. Buy this book for your children or grandchildren. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.). Cats are awesome and are way more intelligent than dogs (one poem is about cats mocking dogs!) Fun read of a classic. Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99 Would anyone ever write a musical called "Dogs?" Reviewed in the United Kingdom on October 25, 2018. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. When I sit down to read a book for relaxation, I don't want to have to squint and struggle to read the print. This book is wonderful, I brought this for my daughter, she loves cats and loves the musical too. Find all the books, read about the author, and more.