It’s great for your skin High cholesterol levels are associated with a greater risk of heart disease. If You Have Ever Eaten Any Of These Foods, You... Top Reasons To Stop Buying Meat The Way We Do, Top 4 Foods Women Must Avoid During Pregnancy, The Differences Between Broilers and Layers Chicken Meats, See Some Of The Nutritional Values Of Grape Fruit, Which Gives More Health Benefits? Another is socking the okra in water. Having high blood sugar levels is an incredibly common problem. B9) 87.8g 22%, Vitamin C                        21 mg 35%, Calcium                          75 mg 8%. But that is not recommended. So, I no know which one to follow again o! Thank you for your observation @ nonix. It is cultivated in the tropical, subtropical and warm temperate regions across the world. When we want to buy red meat, many of us just go to the market or to the butcher and... Oladipupo is a Pediatric Nutritionist with Lagos State Ministry of Health. While no one should lose weight during pregnancy, it is essential to avoid being obese. Your email address will not be published. Many fruits and vegetables lack protein, which makes okra somewhat unique. Here are 14 of the healthiest vegetables on the…. . Another possible heart benefit of okra is its polyphenol content. Now I see why my pregnant wife is craving for okra soup all this while. The Nutribase Complete Book of Food Counts; Art Ulene, Public Health Nutrition: From Principles to Practice; Mark Lawrence and Tony Worsley. I would advise women to disregard the claim. But will its leaves help with a woman’s fertility? Nightshades are a family of plants that includes eggplant and tomato. It supports fertility and healthy pregnancy Due to the high antioxidant properties of vitamin C, beta-carotene and other flavonoids, the pods also help to combat free radicals and prevent tissue damage and aging. It’s rich in magnesium, folate, fiber, antioxidants, and vitamin C, K1, and A. Okra may benefit pregnant women, heart health, and blood sugar control. Africa Check is an independent, non-partisan organisation which assesses claims made in the public arena using journalistic skills and evidence drawn from the latest online tools, readers, public sources and experts, sorting fact from fiction and publishing the results. Here are 15 natural ways to lower your blood sugar levels. Yams: Observing Yoruba food system, you will discover that they are majorly yam-based foods. There are also reports that a particular tribe in south-west Nigeria is known for twinning because of a type of food consumed. Do not forget to eat vegetables and fruits daily it goes a long way. It contains mucilage, a thick substance that becomes gummy when heated. Okra is considered an especially healthy vegetable due to its high fiber, vitamin C and folic acid content, although it’s also a good source of vitamin B-6, niacin, vitamin K, beta-carotene, calcium, potassium and phosphorus. 6. I actually feel good with the information. He is an adventurous foodie and loves to teach and render presentations on foods and nutritional topics at different symposia. A fact-checker has rated your Facebook or Instagram post as “false”. Folate (vitamin B9) is an important nutrient for pregnant women. Get a weekly dose of facts, straight to your inbox. But not in freezer… and not for too long.. Pls can i take okro water for one week after my period? He loves Messi but Chelsea FC is his baby. Women’s Sexual heath. Clearly, there is report that Okra triggers infertility in Men but the reasearches are inconclusive and so cannot be communicated as that. Sweet Or Irish Potato, Debunking The Myth On Catfish: Good Source Of Healthy Protein, The Way Tangerine Benefits Our Body May Surprise You, Unbelievable Nutritional Benefits Of Eating Tiger Nuts (Ofio), 7 Surprising Reasons You’re Gaining Weight, Learn How To Make Delicious Moi Moi From Corn, How To Make Gluten-Free Bread For Celiac Disease Patients, Simple Way To Make Tomato Ketchup At Home. “Okra is an African vegetable that has been a staple of African and Indian cuisine for many years and also used for medicinal purposes. Its edible green seed pods are particularly valued, though the whole plant can be eaten. It can give you shiny, bouncy hair Please help us to keep public figures accountable by supporting the project. You can also help identify false information on Facebook. Try out these foods that have been reported to help boost ovulation apart from okra water. in northeastern Nigeria, told Africa Check. Please I usually forget I need to drink the okra water first and eat, please will it still be effective if I drink it after eating? These 19 veggies will prove your protein theories wrong! Helps fertility and pregnancy The high folate amount in okra is important in a conception diet as it decreases the incidence of neural tube defects in offspring. The mice on the okra diet eliminated more cholesterol in their stools and had lower total blood cholesterol levels than the control group (10). There are fertility drugs doctors prescribe which stimulates a woman to get pregnant,” Mairiga said. If you prepare it well…..You will definitely love it. However, another study has demonstrated that Okra may reduce the fertility rate in a man. It will help you know your ovulation day…, https://nimedhealth.com.ng/2020/05/20/how-to-calculate-your-safe-period-to-avoid-pregnancy/?amp. 7. This is subject to: Crediting Africa Check in the byline, keeping all hyperlinks to the sources used and adding this sentence at the end of your publication: “This report was written by Africa Check, a non-partisan fact-checking organisation. This article reviews grits, including their nutrition, benefits, and…. Keep in mind that these studies were performed in test tubes with concentrated and extracted components of okra. It may even have anticancer properties. I would advise women to disregard the claim. Here are 10 foods that naturally increase fertility in women. It is essential that prior to pregnancy and during pregnancy, the woman ought to change her eating habits and consume certain foods that help the health of a pregnant woman. , also known as ladies’ fingers or by the botanical name, . Eating enough protein is associated with benefits for weight management, blood sugar control, bone structure, and muscle mass (4, 5). Energy                             30 kcal 150 kJ, Fat                                    0.1g, Protein                             2.0 g, Folate                              (Vit. What should you do? First, Facebook’s third-party fact-checking programme. This will help you with your erections as well as give you sexual stamina. Vitamin C is a water-soluble nutrient that contributes to your overall immune function, while vitamin K1 is a fat-soluble vitamin that’s known for its role in blood clotting (2, 3). “Are you looking for fruit of the womb and twins or triplets?” it asks. Polyphenols may also benefit brain health due to their unique ability to enter your brain and protect against inflammation (9). View the original piece on their website", with a link back to this page. Okra is especially high in fiber, vitamin C and folic acid. This article explains why commercially fried foods are bad for you and provides some healthier alternatives to consider. It’s a diuretic: That means it helps the body detoxify itself and helps you shed excess water weight. You may be unfamiliar with how to prepare okra, but making the effort to add it to your diet is an inexpensive, low-calorie and tasty way of consuming many essential nutrients. The claims they make need to be checked, openly and impartially. I am going to leave the question for the author to really answer. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, approximately 1 in 10 women will experience infertility. 16. Usually, okra is used in soups and stews like gumbo. The economy of our country has affected everything. There are fertility drugs doctors prescribe which stimulates a woman to get pregnant,” Mairiga said. You may think you have to get your protein from meat, nuts, or eggs. It’s cultivated in warm and tropical climates, such as those in Africa and South Asia. It is better you chose fresh okra. All rights reserved. Non-organic (agric) egg was non-existent at all among ancient Yoruba women. It stabilizes blood sugar levels Now, I have received a barrage of questions on the health benefits of okra water and these are some of the questions I have been asked by readers of the NIGERIAN HEALTH BLOG below: “How to prepare okra water for ovulation”. “You will be highly fertile, it causes Hyperovulation which will result in multiple Egg … Okra Leaf, Scent Leaf and others are Fertility leaf … STAY HEALTHY AND KEEP GLOWING!”. You can change the okra soaked in water weekly. Your email address will not be published. Amen. He said: “Due to proapoptotic (killing of cells) activities in okra seeds, gossypol is still under investigation as a possible anticancer agent.”. This site scientifically answers all health questions and concerns of individuals and the public. “Okra Leaf (lady finger) for Hyper Ovulation for Twins or Triplet,” claims a Facebook post shared in Nigeria in September 2020. I would advise women to disregard the claim. The fruit is very easily available and cheap. Okra packs many antioxidants that benefit your health. Its scientific name is Abelmoschus esculentus. That said, okra may interfere with metformin, a common diabetes medication. gives encouraging details for women struggling to conceive. Okra water causes multiple eggs to be released during ovulation and increases the female’s chances of having twins or triplets. Does squatting make your butt size bigger and firmer. *WHEN IS THE RIGHT TIME TO DRINK OKRA WATER TO AID OVULATION? Required fields are marked *. Whew I have finished one big note writing health benefits of fruits Watermelon and veggies ,I have really tried ,I’ll praise myself Becca…, For Regular Updates, Like Nigerian Medical Blog on Facebook. OKRA WATER FOR OVULATION BOOSTING/HYPER OVULATION. Consistently high blood sugar can lead to prediabetes and type 2 diabetes. One 4-year study in 1,100 people showed that those who ate a diet rich in polyphenols had lower inflammatory markers associated with heart disease (11). First, don't delete! Avoid crowding your pan or skillet, as this will reduce the heat and cause sliminess. A particular type of okra leaves “ewe ilasa” The protein in eggs helps to maintain blood sugar balance and also supply essential amino acids to your body for the synthesis of hormones, cell repair and reproductive function. © 2005-2020 Healthline Media a Red Ventures Company. Okra is a good source of folate, with 1 cup (100 grams) providing 15% of a woman’s daily needs for this nutrient. I have been privilege to work with children with developmental challenges. Also called ladies’ fingers, okra is an annual vegetable that some believe may be the secret to managing diabetes. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The plant is cultivated throughout tropical and warm temperate regions worldwide, although it’s particularly popular in West Africa, the Caribbean and Southern Asia. Maintaining a healthy diet is important at every point in a woman’s life but especially important when trying to conceive a baby. Okra, also known as ladies’ fingers or by the botanical name Abelmoschus esculentus, is a herbaceous hairy annual plant of the mallow family.