Cookie lovers, we’ve got DOZENS of healthy cookie recipes here on Fit Foodie Finds. I can’t tell you how fast these cookies disappear! The Best Services for Healthy Prepared Meals. Not sure the ratio of oats/flour/butter is optimal. Thanks for making them and for coming back to leave a comment + star rating. This is also the first time to use coconut sugar, it seems to have a burned flavor. . . Em lives in Minneapolis with her husband and dog, and manages FFF business operations as well as all things sponsorships and brand collaborations. It’s super helpful to other readers, so I appreciate it. The first time I shared the recipe was back in 2012. Baking as we speak. Can the dough be frozen before cooking? Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. why you’ll love these no-bake chocolate oatmeal cookies. The only thing I didn’t have was applesauce, which I substituted with golden syrup. 10min is all I baked them . We discovered that cookies are better with a little butter and that it’s A-OK to use a little brown sugar (just not a TON). Remove cookies from oven, let cool, and enjoy. I am always on the lookout for healthy options for my childrens’ lunch boxes, and when I came across this recipe for oatmeal cookies which were sugar-free, I was sold. These oatmeal cookies are easy to make and don't require any baking. I used almond flour and I didn’t have applesauce so I used 1/3 to 1/2 of a banana. Add egg and continue mixing. We have not made this recipe without eggs! I’ll definitely be making these again! Let me know if you try it though!! I added 2.5 tbsp of soy milk because the dough ended up being dry and I added an extra tsp of cinnamon. Thank you for this recipe! Place about 1 tablespoon of flour onto a small plate, dip a fork into the flour, and use the fork to gently flatten each ball of dough. 10 Mason Jar Salads to Meal Prep This Summer. Best healthy oatmeal cookie ever! Looking for a delicious oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe that packs whole grains and other real ingredients? By clicking OK or continuing to browse this website, you agree to the use of cookies as described in the, Dreikönigskuchen (Swiss Three Kings Cake). Thanks for the easy, healthy, and delicious recipe, Can’t wait to try some more of yours! We don’t binge on cakes and sugar-loaded desserts every day (contrary to what people think when they look at my blog! Starting with these healthy oatmeal cookies with mini chocolate chips. We took multiple trips to the grocery store, and on round #8 we nailed it. I so appreciate it. In a separate large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar together with a hand mixer. ★☆ Let me know how these cookies turn out for you. I’ll likely use part wheat pastry flour for the oat flour and sub olive oil for the Coconut. Hence, maple syrup can be a healthy alternative to regular sugar in many baking recipes. Thank you for your support. , Here, Eating Bird Food simply means eating a wholesome diet focused on real food — without labels. Our best tips & recipes to perfectly sublime smoothies! Thank you. So sorry to hear that these cookies didn’t turn out for you, Asli. Home » Baking » Cookies » Healthy Oatmeal Cookies. Ahh that makes me so happy to hear, Laura!! If so, do I use one or two as that as that’s more liquid? Let me know if you try it and how the cookies turn out! This recipe was awesome. Hey Brielle – I haven’t tried these cookies with a different flour besides the oat flour. They are also healthy enough for breakfast! Taste yummy, but cant really be eaten as a cookie, more as a crumble. Can we substitute something else for the egg whites? Hey Kat! Nice and healthy, thank you♥️. It is definitely a new favorite in the Fit Foodie kitchen. She joined Team Fit Foodie full-time in the Spring of 2018. I would let them cool completely and then store them in a container in a cool, dark place! meet brittany Anyhow, enough about that… let’s chat about the fact that these oatmeal cookies are absolutely delicious. I just made these delicious cookies. Would it be ok to use apple sauce and also mashed banana? Maple syrup also has a lower glycemic index than cane sugar (whether white or brown), which means that it will not cause your blood sugar to spike like regular sugar can. These cookies are amazing! Thanks for the tip, I love Amy! These cookies are a healthier version of a favorite; however, the is no joy when eating them. Ahh that makes me so happy to hear, Kimberly. I found that they were better after setting over night and I think I made bigger cookies than what was called for in the recipe because I had to cook mine for about 20 minutes but that may also be my 50 year old oven. Thank you so much for the easy steps. Hey Lorraine – I haven’t tried it, but you can try using 2 flax or chia eggs to replace the egg whites. Enjoy! Even before baking the batter appeared weak (gooey and thin for an oatmeal cookie) and I questioned whether the result would be good, and it wasn’t. Ahh yay, so pumped these cookies were a hit, Andrea!! Overall I think they are a good alternative to prossesed flour. Happy cooking! Alternatively, use a small. Just the right cookie consistency (from mr blob), Made these last night and my boyfriend proceeded to eat HALF the pan while we watched tv! They were a big hit, but the recipe needed a bit more testing and the photos were in dire need of an upgrade. Hi Mishkat! I recommend using a small ice-cream scoop with 15 ml (1 tablespoon) capacity as the cookie mixture can be quite sticky, but also so each cookie is roughly the same size. Yay!!