“You just got to take some time with it. Over a year later, Lathan is still embracing her new look. "I've had every style. Thank you for your feedback. Short bobs. “I went to the Curl Doctor — he’s based here in L.A. — and he brings curls back to life. Shopping pre-owned clothing from thrift stores helps to reduce fashion’s carbon footprint because no new clothes need to be produced. From Solange to Lizzo, here are famous people who rock their natural hair and who have shared their honest thoughts and best hair secrets. She told Redbook in 2016, that she had stopped chemically relaxing her hair years ago. "I'd been relaxing my hair since I was a little girl, so part of it was just wanting to see what would happen if I didn't. After learning her lesson the hard way, Lizzo says she went through “skin rehab” to get her skin in check. Build a lash, baby.”, As for her hair care routine, she’s investing more time caring for her scalp. Every season that we come up on another 'Insecure,' she's growing her hair. In 2012, she told Essence that wasn't her intention. “But I feel like if I can love that person, then anything else is possible within the spectrum of self-love. "Honestly, after 20 years of wearing weaves and wigs, I got tired of them. Lizzo is struggling to accept her natural hair but eventually wants to ditch wigs and weaves. Now that her hair is healthy, she often rocks it naturally. Lizzo Rocks Her Natural Hair And Does Her Infamous Twerk On A Tropical Vacation. There are only 15 lesbian bars left in the entire country. He cut all my curls individually and put me on Innersense.”, It’s clear that all these new beauty systems has the superstar looking and feeling “Good as Hell.”. That’s the juiciest part of you though.”. Her hairstylist revealed to Refinery29 that, before the actress shaved her head, Lathan's hair was natural and waist length. After her skincare “rehab” Lizzo learned to let her skin breathe. "I'm just getting hip to the skin on top of your head being as important as your face," the musician told People magazine in September 2019. The actress keeps giving Oscar-winning looks with her natural hair, and she shared in an interview with Porter, that she always opts to wear her natural crown on red carpets, in magazines, and movies to send a message of self-acceptance to young people with the same type of hair and complexions. A 17-year-old is catching flack on TikTok for his accusations about the popular fast food chain. “Lately, when I put highlighter on, it’s too much, I’m really into my skin looking naked. Lizzo said she's been trying to focus more time and energy into her hair-care routine. “The final frontier for me is the wigs and the weaves – my natural hair, my natural state truly,” she shared with The Hollywood Reporter in 2019. How about some more R29 goodness, right here? Twenty years ago, it just wasn't as easy to wear natural hair.". pdifiore@businessinsider.com (Shameika Rhymes), Seniors On Medicare Are Getting a Big Pay Day in 2020, Expert: “This credit card is so good I signed up personally”, © Gilbert Carrasquillo/FilmMagic/Getty Images. .…” By … ", "Just to keep it real — most sistas know that it doesn't matter what's going on in your life," she told them. What we've been told, 'Your hair is nappy.' Introducing ... PEOPLE's Products Worth the Hype, Lizzo Wears Her Feathery Met Gala ‘Camp’ Cape to the Airport the Morning After, Lizzo Says She Was the ‘Worst Communicator’ as a Kid and Calls Learning to Express Herself ‘Revolutionary’. The power of social media encouraged Amandla Stenberg to do the big chop and let their hair grow back naturally. “The final frontier for me is the wigs and the weaves – my natural hair, my natural state truly,” she candidly shared. . Sign up for Yahoo Life’s daily newsletter, My daughter voted for the first time, and gave me hope, Naked sculpture honoring feminist icon Mary Wollstonecraft sparks backlash: 'Insulting', Train With Joan, the 74-year-old fitness influencer, is having a moment. Hair can be a controversial topic as people of color have tried to conform to certain beauty standards by using relaxers, flat irons, and various other products that can cause hair damage. Who doesn’t love healthy, thick hair? It’s a journey that continues forever, so I think it’s a part of it. It's been fun getting to know my real curls," she explained. I was like, ‘Oh my God, this is what happens when you party all night and you don’t wash off your makeup.’”. Hit the flip for some of her standout looks, starting with these two: We've joined the BHM Digital family of websites and have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Tell yourself you're beautiful. Tamar Braxton is no stranger to wearing long blonde wigs — and she even has a room dedicated to her hair — but in March 2018, the singer shared an Instagram post getting her head shaved.