Around the time of recording Closer was when I bought probably two of the most important things I’ve ever owned in terms of my sound – a Shergold Marathon 6-string bass and an Electro-Harmonix Clone Theory pedal. This includes such effects as infinite sustain, signal layering and controllable glissando; all of which are easily controlled through the clear, user-friendly interface. However, what’s really interesting about this pedal is the fact that you can add your own lyric and vocal sounds through the KORG MIKU STOMP iPhone app. For the guitarist who likes slightly fuzzy (in a wonderful way), analog synth pedal, capable of achieving smooth ambient sounding synthesizer voicings, alongside drone-like tones. Do you just need a bit of body for clean single-note solos in your power trio? This is a very basic, synth-like filtering pedal, so as long as you’re not expecting the world, you’ll be pleased. This synth is perhaps for valuable to the experienced musician who needs to store and access presets within the click of a button during live performance. So I must thank him again for that next time I see him…. Given the time to work out exactly how to integrate this within their existing rig, this could really make a great addition to any guitarists pedalboard. I remember buying the Unknown Pleasures LP because I loved the album artwork, then putting it on my father’s turntable and thinking that punk dude was right…it was darker than U2…way darker. I went to my favorite record shop, Rasputin in Berkeley, California and asked a punk rock employee to make a recommendation and he pointed me towards Joy Division. Runs on a 9v battery, and powered by a 9v power supply. Alongside these three dynamic wah filtering modes, there are two other knobs that can be used to further adjust the sound, once a mode has been picked. The latter two will shape the presets in your desirable way whereas the dry and synth knobs control the ratio between guitar and synth in your signal. The Synth9 is known for being quite a famous pedal, with it being used by a range of famous artists/bands including Joy Division, Peter Gabriel, P-Funk and many more. Both of these main synthesizer sounds can be modified through the use of the 4 main control knobs on the front of the panel for further customization. Switch over to V2 and a vocal formant synthesis effect comes into play which emulates a vocoder or talk box effect. Finally, the SY300 has a range of output options, including two main output sections ‘Main Output’ which features an optional stereo output, ‘Sub Output’ which also features optional stereo output, and finally ‘Thru Output’ which delivers the dry input signal to an output device of your choice, whether that is an amplifier or another effects unit. The Micro Synth by Electro Harmonix has received an average rating of 4.1* out of 5 stars from over 13 Amazon customer reviews. and if someone has some advice for a good synth? Also featured are the Control and Sensitivity knobs which are the tools that allow for plenty of customization on the presets. For our number one choice of guitar synth pedal we’ve gone with the Electro-harmonix synth 9. ... a Boss DD-5 and an Eventide Space pedal, which is a new thing that I like. This is a fantastic pedal for the price and gives users eleven presets to create lead tones and even synth pads. The pedal comes with 11 vocalised presets. The Boss SY-300 is the ultimate Guitar Synthesizer processor pedal. The Q control adjusts the sharpness of the overall output signal. Our favourite setting has the be the ‘Looh’ setting, as it’s one of the more subtle sounds; But there are so many settings that you can play around with, to see which is right for your playing style and sound. Yeah I think it’s pretty obvious that Joy Division and New Order did go on to sound very different which definitely meant that my playing had to adapt. I get asked this question a lot and I think people want me to say I’m annoyed by it but I can’t simply because it does not annoy me at all. Best Audio Interface for Live Performance, Best Home Recording Studio Equipment Packages, Korg Miku Stomp Vocaloid Guitar Effects Pedal, Electro-Harmonix SYNTH9 Synthesizer Machine Pedal, Electro-Harmonix Micro Synthesizer XO Analog Guitar Microsynth, Hotone Q-Box Digital Envelope Filter Guitar Effects Pedal, DigiTech Dirty Robot Stereo Mini-Synth Pedal, Electro Harmonix Superego Synth Engine Guitar Effects Pedal Priced, Electro-Harmonix Synth 9 Synthesizer Machine, Delivers a wide range of autowah and dynamic wah synth sounds. Some other pedals use sliders, allowing you to combine a number of octaves to generate the sound. This pedal also tracks the notes of your guitar well without latency. 50.00. Who Should Buy This Pedal? Well obviously these days a lot is made of the visual side of the band’s output because things like the Unknown Pleasures sleeve or some of the photos by Anton Corbijn or Kevin Cummins have become iconic over the years. At first this was extremely daunting, but as we did more and more gigs with this new setup I have become a lot more at ease with things. The Smiths 'Louder Than Bombs' Pedal Print. ), as well as still playing the bass. If this isn’t a reason alone to purchase this kind of guitar synthesizer, I don’t know what is! This pedal is highly affordable, lightweight and very small, so it’s an easy addition to anyones pedalboard, assuming they want a wah/synth pedal.