Cooler temps, h, It's Fall Y'all. All Rights Reserved. By The Shine Team. The notions of wrestling well and DUST are a foundation for what is to come — more insights, more steps, more ways to engage in this process. As we’ll hear in today’s video, Lysa has. Useful. He’s not done yet, but He is faithful to show me that He is still at work. We have things to look forward to! In the beginning, what did God use to make humans? That night I got the reminder that God’s plans and my plans are often not the same thing. on It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way Week 2 — Living Between Two Gardens. In case you don’t know me, I’m Katrina Wylie (AKA Kat), your study leader for this week. Hope it’s been a boo-t, “Life starts all over again when it gets crisp i, Can you believe Halloween is just a couple weeks a, It’s a great mail day when a package of fresh ap, I may say it all the time when I share a new blog, It’s been a while since I’ve shared a Crockpot, Our worlds are starting to get crazier. By the time Week 2 rolls around, it’s not uncommon to already forget why we’re here and start to get caught up in just completing the “to-do’s.” But I think I can say with confidence that’s not why we signed up. “If our souls never ached with disappointments and disillusionments, we’d never fully admit and submit to our need for God” (page 27). — Mark 14:36 It’s complicated as I’ve wrestled between my faith and my feelings because I feel like, “God everything is possible for You. We feel utterly hopeless. I’ve gasped those words in complete brokenness. That idea of mixing dust with water is where Lysa goes next in this great analogy. That’s a hope-giver! My faith is more sure. Its Not Supposed To Be This Way Study Guide Book also available for … In this video we discuss chapters 3 and 4. IT’S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE THIS WAY. Grab your Bible and enjoy your personal study this week on pages 55-66. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. His Word prepares us for that reality. But it was a healthy grief. Then take time to respond to some of the questions in this post, including but not limited to: Where can you take a step back and look for God? What if, this time, God desires to make something completely brand new?”  page 17). Lysa wants us to realize that DUST is where God can do a great work. But we don’t live there now. And when our lives break apart, when the pieces of our shattered lives lay all around us, we do things to try to piece it back together. Like broken pottery. Hurt. Download Its Not Supposed To Be This Way Study Guide in PDF and EPUB Formats for free. You May Also Like Relentless: A Prison June 23, 2020 The Rock, the Road, and the Rabbi: The Upper Room and Pentecost April 17, 2020 God Is Planning Your Comeback Hello Songbirds! (page 28). Lysa, and God, don’t leave us here. And what better way to do so than to hear from the author herself? Lysa hopes we’ll change our perspective the next time we’re in the depths of disappointment. I realized a while back that this world is broken and that hard stuff happens to all people everywhere, and I can’t control it. For me, I’m being given purpose for the pain. Welcome to the It's Not Supposed to Be This Way Online Bible Study at Study Gateway! God, our Father, is our potter. And now, nine years later, I can say my heart is stronger than before. The one where we all conquer, Happy Halloween everyone! You can go ahead and start watching session one right away, and the session two video will be available August 10, 2020. She wants us, in the middle of our broken and shattered lives, to take a step back and realize that God can take our dust and make something new. I didn’t see a way forward. Lysa ends the chapter with some powerful bits of truth for us to memorize, cling to, and believe: If I want His promises, I have to trust His process. Which is also why we’re here: to learn from those disappointing places in our lives, heal and move on, AND learn how to better walk through future disappointments. He knows our tendency to take control — to try by our own effort to piece life together to make it look like what we expected. Yes, I grieved for a while. He can help me walk through it. And, this is only Chapter 2! The post It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way Week 2 — Living Between Two Gardens appeared first on FaithGateway. It's Not Supposed to Be This Way Video Bible Study Season 1 (31) 2018 ALL. The night I prayed that weeping, sobbing prayer about things not going according to my plan (aka: it’s not supposed to be this way), God’s statement caused a true pause within me. By The Shine Team. GOING to the WELL The human heart was created in the context of the perfection of the garden of Eden. What was once something so very precious is now reduced to nothing but weightless powder even the slightest wind could carry away. Genesis tells us that the human heart was created in the perfection of the garden of Eden. I realize now, looking back, that I was wrestling with my feelings. Lean into them, ask the Holy Spirit to help you find the truth in it — a truth for you, for your situation. But we’re just getting started! The post It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way Week 2 — Living Between Two Gardens appeared first on FaithGateway. I’d have a love affair with my own desire. We think we should be able to hold it together, maybe “glue” it back together. ( Log Out /  Hurt. You will want to come back to this page each week as each video session becomes available starting August 3, 2020. REMEMBER: • Sometimes to get your life back, you have to face the death of what you thought your life would look like. She challenges us to look at shattering as the only way to get us back to our most basic form…dust. My son, the potter, could take that clay and form it into any shape, size, and purpose he wanted. I also want you to remember something, okay? This is "It's Not Supposed To Be This Way Week 6 5:2:19 Teresa Groff" by LCBC She Studies Manheim on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and… Edit this story so it has a different ending. We feel hopeless because we realize we can’t to do anything, and we’re tempted to think God can’t either. The post It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way Week 2 — Living Between Two Gardens appeared first on FaithGateway. How does that make you feel? While those things might seem to work for awhile, at some point we realize that our life is too broken — the pieces are too small — for us to put it back together. Privacy Policy. Lost. Learn More, In a day and time when the world is trying to quiet biblical truth, Proverbs 31 Ministries is determined to help women engage with God’s truth like never before through the resources we offer each day. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Making like a lump of clay, Shelley Johnson. I was so very disappointed. God isn’t ever going to forsake you, but He will go to great lengths to remake you. Hi! To start every week, Lysa, Melissa Taylor (Senior Director of Online Bible Studies and First 5), and I sit down and talk about life's circumstances and how sometimes, it's just not supposed to be this way. His timing might not be what I’d prefer. The ad you saw on Facebook, the friend who mentioned this book, the email you received inviting you to this study? In fact, she goes so far as to say, “Dust is the exact ingredient God loves to use” (page 17). Reality often ends up so very far from the life we long for, doesn't it? Where can you let go of control and trust Him? Kids are, Happy first day of fall everyone! And, if we’re honest, we assume God’s ideas look just like ours. Because this is a fallen world, I’m guessing I’m not alone. That prayer still isn’t fully answered. instructions for accessing closed captioning or to view the video transcript. There’s a big part of me that feels new! I’ve found myself relating to that excruciating moment on the cross where Jesus cried, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” (Matthew 27:46) And I’ve felt the utter desperation that left me with.