I’m after love that lasts, not more religion. Take notes, highlights, and favorites to share or document personal thoughts. That’s why I use prophets to shake you to attention, why my words cut you to the quick: To wake you up to my judgment blazing like light. You broke faith with me—ungrateful wretches! [a](M)6 For I desire mercy, not sacrifice,(N)    and acknowledgment(O) of God rather than burnt offerings. Salem Media Group. You’ve been sowing wild oats. He has witnessed the grace of God transforming her from both general and specific idolatry, and he has formed the conclusion that if she can do it, then so can they. That’s why I use prophets to shake you to attention. The prophetic message of Hosea foretells the coming of Israel’s Messiah 700 years in the future. You’ve been sowing wild oats. By the third day he’ll have made us brand-new,Alive and on our feet,    fit to face him.We’re ready to study God,    eager for God-knowledge.As sure as dawn breaks,    so sure is his daily arrival.He comes as rain comes,    as spring rain refreshing the ground.”. I want you to know God, not go to more prayer meetings.You broke the covenant—just like Adam! By the third day he'll have made us brand-new, Alive and on our feet, fit to face him. I’m after love that lasts, not more religion. He hurt us, but he'll heal us. He hit us hard, but he'll put us right again. Gangs of Priests Assaulting Worshipers. 2 In a couple of days we'll feel better. That’s why I use prophets to shake you to attention. Hosea’s book is the first of the Minor Prophets—the last 12 books of the Old Testament. Advance your knowledge of Scripture with this resource library of over 40 reference books, including commentaries and Study Bible notes. The meaning of the Hebrew for this line is uncertain. Now it’s harvest time.”. We’re ready to study GOD, eager for God-knowledge. Create or log in to your Bible Gateway account. Because you’ve turned your back on knowledge, I’ve turned my back on you priests. George Lamsa Translation of the Peshitta For I desired mercy and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings. Assaulting worshipers on their way to Shechem. By the third day he'll have made us brand-new, Alive and on our feet, fit to face him. Enter your credit card information to ensure uninterrupted service following your free trial. You’ve been sowing wild oats. The Global Message of Hosea Hosea in Redemptive History . Read verse in The Message Bible We’re ready to study God, eager for God-knowledge. It used to be robbers who mugged pedestrians. Hosea is quoted often in the New Testament. I want you to know God, not go to more prayer meetings. By the third day he’ll have made us brand-new. He hit us hard, but he’ll put us right again. I’m after love that lasts, not more religion. (J)    What can I do with you, Judah?Your love is like the morning mist,    like the early dew that disappears. “But don’t look for someone to blame. 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 Eugene H. Peterson by NavPress Publishing. Originally published by NavPress in English as THE MESSAGE: The Bible in Contemporary Language copyright 2002 by Eugene Peterson. Nothing is sacred to them. You’ve been sowing wild oats. Learn more about The Message 4-7 “What am I to do with you, Ephraim? He hurt us, but he’ll heal us.He hit us hard,    but he’ll put us right again.In a couple of days we’ll feel better. 6 I'm after love that lasts, not more religion. Assaulting worshipers on their way to Shechem. The Message Large-Print Devotional Bible, softcover, The Essential Evangelical Parallel Bible (NKJV/ESV/NLT/, The Message Large-Print Devotional Bible, hardcover, The Message Large Print Edition, Deluxe Lavender Linen Hardcover, The Message, Large Print Premium Leather, Black. Gangs of Priests Assaulting Worshipers - “Come on, let’s go back to GOD. You broke faith with me—ungrateful wretches! $3.99 a month for 40+ study tools. 4-7 “What am I to do with you, Ephraim? What do I make of you, Judah?Your declarations of love last no longer    than morning mist and predawn dew.That’s why I use prophets to shake you to attention,    why my words cut you to the quick:To wake you up to my judgment    blazing like light.I’m after love that lasts, not more religion. 11 “You’re as bad as the worst of them, Judah. He hurt us, but he’ll heal us. Foreshadowings: Hosea 2:23 is the wonderful prophetic message from God to include the Gentiles [non-Jews] as His children as recorded also in Romans 9:25 and 1 Peter 2:10. It used to be robbers who mugged pedestrians. Retail: $74.99. Related Commentaries for Hosea 6. He hit us hard, but he'll put us right again. NIV Reverse Interlinear Bible: English to Hebrew and English to Greek. By the third day he’ll have made us brand-new. He hurt us, but he'll heal us. Say to Him: "Take away all our iniquity and receive us graciously, that we may present the fruit of our lips. You broke faith with me—ungrateful wretches! No finger pointing! Hosea 6 "Come on, let's go back to God. 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 Eugene H. Peterson by NavPress Publishing. The book of Hosea depicts God’s relationship with his people through a metaphor that occurs throughout the Bible, though nowhere as strongly and pervasively as in Hosea: the metaphor of marriage. Now it’s gangs of priestsAssaulting worshipers on their way to Shechem. I want you to know God, not go to more prayer meetings. By the third day he'll have made us brand-new, Alive and on our feet, fit to face him. All rights reserved. and Israel in the mud right there with him. Try it for 30 days FREE. Now it’s harvest time.”. 6 “Come, let us return(A) to the Lord.He has torn us to pieces(B)    but he will heal us;(C)he has injured us    but he will bind up our wounds. What are the benefits of creating an account? Hosea 6:6 I'm after love that lasts, not more religion. By the third day he’ll have made us brand-new, Alive and on our feet, fit to face him. By the third day he’ll have made us brand-new, Alive and on our feet, fit to face him. Copyright © 2019 by Zondervan. He hit us hard, but he'll put us right again. Read verse in The Message Bible 11 “You’re as bad as the worst of them, Judah. You’ve been sowing wild oats. Hosea 6. 10 “I saw a shocking thing in the country of Israel:    Ephraim worshiping in a religious whorehouse,    and Israel in the mud right there with him. Assaulting worshipers on their way to Shechem. Nothing is sacred to them. “You’re as bad as the worst of them, Judah. Try it free for 30 days. Upgrade to Bible Gateway Plus, and access the NIV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible notes. An integrated digital Bible study library - including complete notes from the Believer's Bible Commentary and the Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible (NIV and NRSV) - is just a step away! 8-9 “Gilead has become Crime City—    blood on the sidewalks, blood on the streets.It used to be robbers who mugged pedestrians. he will come to us like the winter rains. I want you to know God, not go to more prayer meetings.You broke the covenant—just like Adam! Bible Gateway Recommends. blood on the sidewalks, blood on the streets. You’ve been sowing wild oats. Hosea Lesson 9 9 - 4 Hosea Chapter Six Introduction This sixth chapter is a message from the heart of Hosea. Now it’s harvest time.”, Copyright © 1993, 2002, 2018 by Eugene H. Peterson, The Message (MSG). and Israel in the mud right there with him. These messages came in visions, oracles, dreams, parables, and the like. You, priest, are the one in the dock. You broke faith with me—ungrateful wretches! (V)10 I have seen a horrible(W) thing in Israel:    There Ephraim is given to prostitution,    Israel is defiled.(X). 6 1-3 “Come on, let’s go back to God. That’s why I use prophets to shake you to attention. I want you to know God, not go to more prayer meetings. You’re already logged in with your Bible Gateway account. 11 “You’re as bad as the worst of them, Judah. 2 In a couple of days we'll feel better. All your content will be saved and you can seamlessly switch devices. That’s why I use prophets to shake you to attention. Hosea 6:6 The Message Bible << Hosea 5 | Hosea 6 | Hosea 7 >> 6 I'm after love that lasts, not more religion. I want you to know God, not go to more prayer meetings. He hurt us, but he’ll heal us.He hit us hard,    but he’ll put us right again.In a couple of days we’ll feel better. It used to be robbers who mugged pedestrians. Assaulting worshipers on their way to Shechem. 6 For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings. 4-7 “What am I to do with you, Ephraim? My people are ruined because they don’t know what’s right or true. In a couple of days we’ll feel better. blood on the sidewalks, blood on the streets. (P)7 As at Adam,[b] they have broken the covenant;(Q)    they were unfaithful(R) to me there.8 Gilead is a city of evildoers,(S)    stained with footprints of blood.9 As marauders lie in ambush for a victim,(T)    so do bands of priests;they murder(U) on the road to Shechem,    carrying out their wicked schemes. Your credit card won’t be charged until the trial period is over. By the third day he’ll have made us brand-new. Retail: $79.99. Don't have an account? Ephraim worshiping in a religious whorehouse. By the third day he’ll have made us brand-new,Alive and on our feet,    fit to face him.We’re ready to study God,    eager for God-knowledge.As sure as dawn breaks,    so sure is his daily arrival.He comes as rain comes,    as spring rain refreshing the ground.”. Living a Fantasy Hosea 6:4, 7:8ff As you study the book of Hosea, God’s love for His people is easily discovered. You broke faith with me—ungrateful wretches! You broke faith with me—ungrateful wretches! Remember, he has now seen the recovery of his own wife. 10 “I saw a shocking thing in the country of Israel:    Ephraim worshiping in a religious whorehouse,    and Israel in the mud right there with him. Micah 6:8 He has shown you, O mankind, what is good. 11 “Also for you, Judah,    a harvest(Y) is appointed. By the third day he’ll have made us brand-new. S Dt 32:39; S Job 5:18; S Jer 30:17; Hos 14:4, S 1Sa 15:22; S Isa 1:11; Mt 9:13*; 12:7*; Mk 12:33, Jer 5:30-31; 7:9-10; S Eze 22:9; S Hos 5:1; 7:1. (K)5 Therefore I cut you in pieces with my prophets,    I killed you with the words of my mouth(L)—    then my judgments go forth like the sun. Your mother is as bad as you. Hosea 6:6 I'm after love that lasts, not more religion. 8-9 “Gilead has become Crime City—    blood on the sidewalks, blood on the streets.It used to be robbers who mugged pedestrians. and Israel in the mud right there with him. 8-9 “Gilead has become Crime City—    blood on the sidewalks, blood on the streets.It used to be robbers who mugged pedestrians. 3 We're ready to study God, eager for God-knowledge. and Israel in the mud right there with him. The next step is to choose a monthly or yearly subscription, and then enter your payment information. Nothing is sacred to them. In a couple of days we’ll feel better. “Whenever I would restore the fortunes(Z) of my people, 6 1-3 “Come on, let’s go back to God. You can cancel anytime during the trial period. Now it’s harvest time.”. Published by permission. He hit us hard, but he’ll put us right again. blood on the sidewalks, blood on the streets. “I saw a shocking thing in the country of Israel: Ephraim worshiping in a religious whorehouse. Ephraim worshiping in a religious whorehouse. The best value in digital Bible study. Now it’s gangs of priestsAssaulting worshipers on their way to Shechem. Article Images Copyright © 2020 Getty Images unless otherwise indicated. 6. Please enter your email address associated with your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue. You stumble around in broad daylight, And then the prophets take over and stumble all night. “I saw a shocking thing in the country of Israel: Ephraim worshiping in a religious whorehouse. 6 1-3 “Come on, let’s go back to God. You’ve been sowing wild oats. By the third day he’ll have made us brand-new,Alive and on our feet,    fit to face him.We’re ready to study God,    eager for God-knowledge.As sure as dawn breaks,    so sure is his daily arrival.He comes as rain comes,    as spring rain refreshing the ground.”.