Learn how your comment data is processed. You could serve this on crostini and it would be awesome. We invite you to subscribe to our weekly email where we highlight our latest recipes and focus on seasonal topics, nutritious ingredients, cooking techniques and meal plans. I love gin! You can see from the first two pics that the amount of solids strained can be visibly seen. Put two large ice spheres in an oversized glass. Most people I talk to say that it is gross and tastes like a pine tree but I enjoy the flavor a lot. Robert Cooper and St. Germain made an enormous impact in the bar industry, garnishing many awards as well as praises from influential bartenders. Together we have created a website devoted to providing flavorful, nutritious meals to share with family and friends. For this, you can do anywhere from 5-24 hours. She’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the food blog A Couple Cooks. I went in succession to strain my gin: wire mesh strainer, strainer with a wet piece of cheese cloth, coffee/chemex filter. We love a bit of honey to keep the rich sweetness and unique flavor that honey brings, and we hope that you try it with the floral flavor of the lavender. 2 years ago I went with 14. To highlight the floral notes, opt for a new-world style like Hendrick’s or The Botanist. Nicole, I am sorry about that! I love this drink but make it a few different ways. And wow, is it full of flavor! It can be paired with chicken, lamb, beef, pork, rabbit, potatoes and onions. Rub the rim of the glass with the zest and put it into the glass. But in the instructions there is no honey in the simple syrup and it says to add the honey to the gin? The best way to add lavender flavor to drinks? | Trellis Framework by Mediavine, HIC Japanese-Style Double Cocktail Jigger, 18/8 Stainless Steel, 4.75-Inches, 0.5-Ounce to 2-Ounce, Luminarc Barcraft Coupe Cocktail (Set of 4), 5.5 oz, Clear, Luckygoobo Stainless Steel Cocktail Shaker,25oz,Silver, Alcoholic Popsicles - Cherry Limeade and Vodka, Jasmine Lemonade and Gin, Peach and Basil Moscow Mule - A Vodka Cocktail. Also keep in mind that lavender is routinely used in traditional French Provencal cuisine. Did you make this project? We have recipes for every skill level, a multitude of occasions, and extraordinary flavours to satisfy almost any palate. The original HENDRICK'S GIN, oddly infused with Rose and Cucumber. Fresh squeezed lemon juice brings a tart component that works really well with gin, making the Lavender … Anyhoo, blitz your peeled cucumber and combine in a bottle all the other ingredients and the vodka. I would substitute peaches, plums and cherries for the watermelon and tomatoes and skip the basil and I think you would have a great dish to serve with a Lavender Gin and Tonic. Nope. The longer the lavender sits in the gin, the stronger the taste and smell. I would serve something that doesn’t compete with the lavender. Subscribe for free weekly recipes & more! Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram. It’s sweet tart, zing … Honey is listed in the ingredients for the simple syrup. Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #gastronomcocktails so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site! When we started making the Lavender Bee’s Knees, we found the original seemed a little sweet, especially for a summer sipper. Borage leaves has a cucumber flavour. Even when I infuse my everyday gin, I do juniper for the first stage and botanicals the second, and after the juniper alone is in the neutral spirit for hours, the liquor turns a golden yellow color. Likely the change from the classic sour recipe to add a big dose of honey syrup used in the original. Big congratulations to you and your wife! This lavender cocktail is essentially a Tom Collins that’s infused with this fresh herb. Lavender and Orange bitters are used to season this cocktail. ®/™©2020 Yummly. we are having a party later next month and I plan to serve these drinks. Something like an everyday vodka is fine. Unfortunately, no. Let sit for 15 minutes, strain out sprigs. Bring sugar, honey and water to a boil, take off of heat, and add lavender sprigs. Please contact us here to work with us. And will this save any money as opposed to just buying Hendricks Gin? GET EMAILS WITH LATEST RECIPES + COOKING TIPS. Bring to a simmer with lavender buds, then … St Germaine isn’t French: it was created in 2007 by Bob Cooper in NYC. Cheers! You do not want it to go brown. We like these sphere ice molds as well as these 2" square ice cube molds. It’s a gin drink that’s sweet tart and bubbly, with a floral finish. I wanted a slightly more floral-ness to the DIY gin and so I added the chamomile, dandelion, and red clover. The Bee’s Knees is a delicious classic cocktail recipe that has been around since prohibition. I also wanted more botanical-ness from the elder, hawthorne. I love hearing things like this, and I am so glad that you all loved them! We are honored that you used our recipe. Fill the glass with ice, garnish with the lime wedge and lavender sprig and serve. a chicken pate? Crisp and tart with a floral sweetness, we found ourselves sipping this on our porch as the sun set on a couple of wonderful warm evenings the past few weeks.