Scrape out excessive amounts of hardening flour, as you don’t want hard little bits of unmixed flour in your bread, and then throw your dough back in. Mostly, you just have to be patient and wait for a bit. Yay! If you’re looking for it to be golden brown, you should know that it is wholemeal bread, and because of that it’s hard to tell whether it’s done since it started brown in the first place. I know that many people find making bread daunting, or think that it’s difficult. Healthier and Easier Comfort Food Recipes. First, make sure that your mixing bowl is relatively clean. Wholemeal rolls and slices of wholemeal bread can be taken out of your freezer when required. Now, I know you’re dying to slice into your tasty wholemeal loaf immediately, but it’s important that you let it cool down first. I’ve never made a bread like this before (I kept thinking I was making banana bread during the process. www.eatingwell.com/recipe/255165/seeded-whole-grain-quick-bread Put the loaf into the oven and fill the roasting tray with hot water. And eating bread. It may be hard to judge, but generally, you’d expect a well fermented dough to have at least doubled in size before you move on to the next step. The final proof doesn’t take as long as the bulk proof did. And seriously, nothing beats a warm, freshly baked slice of bread when it’s fresh out of the oven. But, if you consider yourself experienced, feel free to skip to the full recipe below! This healthy wholemeal bread recipe is from Paul hollywood. Even if you don’t have a dough hook – no worries! If you’re not sure how to figure out the correct temperature or how to activate your yeast, then check out my guide to baking bread at home. It doesn’t need to be flat as a pancake, so don’t apply too much pressure. At 27°C, it should take about two hours for the dough to ferment. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Knead for around at least 15 minutes (you can take a break if you need; treat this as exercise!). What does it look like? Bake the loaf for 30 minutes, then check it is cooked by tapping the base — it should sound hollow. Carefully pick up the dough and place it in your greased bread tin. So, fifteen minutes minimum please! If not, then simply return the bread to the oven without the tin for a further ten minutes. Conversely, if it’s a hot day, then it might be quicker. Make your own home baked bread and wholemeal rolls by hand or by using a stand mixer. Here’s how the work breaks down our hearty wholemeal bread recipe: Throw your flour, salt, water and activated yeast into the bowl and mulch it all up with your hands (or a spoon). You have to make the yeast-liquid mixture, which is a combination of milk, water, maple syrup and yeast. Here’s a tip: make the cling wrap size big enough to cover your bread pans later (even if it’s bigger than the bowl) so you don’t have to use two sheets. But, if you have a sweet tooth (and don’t really care about being healthy), then I guess nutella and jam works as well…. Set a timer for 10 minutes, and when it goes off reduce the heat by 30°C to 200°C (or 180°C for fan assisted ovens). Wholemeal is a good source of protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals, and it’s also pretty low in fat. Heat your oven to 220C electric oven/ 210C fan oven and put a roasting tray in the bottom to heat up. White bread simply isn’t. Advice from this blog should be taken at the reader’s own risk and discretion. I’m Rachel, a health and wellness lifestyle advocate. We often use it in the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. In terms of baking, it doesn’t (at least not much). If it’s golden brown and looks like a loaf of bread, that’s a very good start!