This healthy banana muffin recipe makes eating cake for breakfast guilt-free! ? The rest of their tender texture comes from Greek yogurt and mashed banana. I love banana muffins! Thanks for sharing! They came out pretty good and were a quick and easy recipe!! . Healthy Banana Muffins Recipe Notes. The ultimate healthy banana muffins are incredibly moist, dairy free and naturally sweetened with just ripe bananas and honey. Serve warm. I’m Jo and this blog is where I share lots of simple, family friendly recipes we enjoy eating and now you can easily recreate at home. It’s not a combination of white (aka all-purpose) flour and whole wheat flour! If you are a freelancer looking to contribute to The South African, read more here. This recipe uses dates as a natural sweetener and doesn’t compromise on flavour. Together with my Healthy Vegan Banana Bread they are both hubby’s and kids’ favourites when it comes to breakfast on the go or after school snack. Both of us agreed this is a 100% make again recipe. Complete the survey, Boneless Ossobuco with fluffy mashed potato, mixed roast vegetables, and gremolata, Two senior Hawks officers arrested for alleged fraud and corruption, Brackenfell violence: Julius Malema Tweets 10-word warning. They are extra delicious served hot straight out of … So you’ll only need to add a bit of pure maple syrup (like this!) I highly recommend using a whisk where explicitly instructed and a fork for everything else when making my recipes. The perfect breakfast snack: Healthy Banana Muffins You can't beat the aroma of a freshly baked muffin! Within a few minutes, we each reached for a second… Then a third… And just like that, half the tray had disappeared. Not only are these banana muffins quick to make, I only used one mixing bowl which makes cleaning up so much easier. I can’t wait to hear what you think of these muffins if you try them! Pre-heat the oven to 180C/ 350F/ gas mark 4. They are yummy and moist, rose very well. . Address: Riverbank House, 1 Putney Bridge Approach, London, SW6 4TJ. Copyright © 2017- 2020 Jo's Kitchen Larder | All Rights Reserved. Ingredients 75g/3oz melted butter 250g/9oz self-raising flour 1 tsp baking powder ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda pinch of salt ½ tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp ground nutmeg 115g/4oz caster sugar 1 tsp vanilla extract 2 large, bakers how to make healthy + yummy treats! In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter and vanilla. Quick and easy to make, moist and delicious! I can’t wait to hear what you think of the Teddy Grahams and crackers!! Required fields are marked *. Mix in white sugar, melted butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla … Thank you for this wonderful recipe and thank you for responding to my comment!. So far his favourite breakfast is pancakes made with overnight oats, banana and an egg. My pleasure Manike! You can definitely add chocolate chips or blueberries to these muffins! I went for the brown sugar in my muffins and reduced the amount substantially to what you would normally find in a muffin recipe as a lot of sweetness comes from your lovely, super ripe and sweet bananas. Or… Just convince the hubby to move down here?? Banana muffins are so quick and easy to make and the kids love them. Enjoy your healthy banana muffins! Don’t overmix the batter. Delicious banana muffins recipe. Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know! They take just a few minutes to make and are perfect for quick breakfasts and snacks. Eb x, Thanks Eb, I’m glad you like them! Simply wrap them tightly in some aluminium foil and pop in the freezer for when needed. Try changing things up by replacing chocolate with 50-75g (1/3 – 1/2 cup) of chopped nuts of your choice (I love adding walnuts here), raisins or dried cranberries. See those bananas above? If you enjoy a freshly baked muffin straight out of the oven as much as I do, then this recipe is for you. *Gluten free if you swap standard flour to for gluten-free flour. Make a well in the middle of your dry ingredients and pour in your mashed bananas and all the wet ingredients. Our offices are for administrative purposes only, no visitors will be accepted without an appointment. I doubled the batch and made mini muffins instead. I regularly make banana muffins for my boyfriend’s on the go breakfasts! They defrost really quickly in room temperature. The healthy and cute banana bread delights are great for breakfast, popping in your lunch box or grabbing on the go. ), there are plenty of goodies inside for you! They look absolutely yummy! Add some chocolate chips for more indulgent treat. }, Healthy One-Bowl Flourless Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies {Eggless & Dairy-Free! Thank you again! Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. We plopped right down in the center of the kitchen floor, each with a piping hot muffin in our hands, trying not to burn our fingers or tongues as we took our first sweet, buttery bite. Don’t refrigerate them as this will affect their texture and taste. Ripe bananas add sweetness to muffins, so you don't have to use much sugar. I used to make chocolate and banana muffins all the time for my children but then Master Spice decided he didn’t like anything with banana in but maybe it’s time to try them out again! Line a six-hole It’s my pleasure, Yasmin! « Curried Swede Soup (Instant Pot / Stovetop). Oh, and don’t forget these Vegan Buckwheat Pancakes. Now that’s a breakfast Jo!! Thanks Anna! For best results use over ripe banana, the spottier the skin the better as they will make the bread naturally sweeter and you won't need to add as much syrup/sugar. Alternate between adding the flour mixture and the milk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture, and stirring just until incorporated. I’ve noticed that if I put a baking sheet underneath, the muffins’ bottoms turn darker brown, like when baked in a traditional metal muffin pan, and the 6-cup silicone muffin pan isn’t so floppy that it needs a cookie sheet underneath to stabilize it. Leave a comment at the bottom of this post, I love reading them! Hi! Can I add chocolate chips or blueberries to this recipe? Plus I love that there are virtually no tempting leftovers to worry about! WOW! Fiesta Friday hosted by Angie and co-hosted by Ai at Ai Made It For You and Jhuls at The Not So Creative Cook. The muffins contain no butter or oil and they are so quick and easy to make, Subscribe to our FREE daily newsletter for a round-up of the biggest stories from across Surrey. Wholemeal flour give the muffins plenty of fibre, keeping you full for longer. I love how you’ve made banana muffins healthier. I use mixture of. Stir in the mashed bananas, taking care not over-mix. ♡  Healthy Small Batch Chocolate Chip Banana Bread . thank you for sharing with #Bakeoftheweek x, Haha, thanks Jenny but it was not really intentional although I must say we cannot get enough of these and even though they are much more wholesome than your standard muffins they most certainly don’t taste less indulgent! Healthier Chocolate Treats contains 50+ brand new healthier recipes. in Baking· Breakfast· Clean Eating· Fruit· Gluten Free· Low Fat· Muffins· Vegetarian. I do hope you guys love them as much as we do, especially with that little bit of chocolate x. Your email address will not be published. Together with my Healthy Vegan Banana Bread they are both hubby’s and kids’ favourites when it comes to breakfast on the go or after school snack. }, My Health Journey: The Secrets I Was Too Ashamed To Share, ½ tsp unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted, In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. , Your email address will not be published. I really appreciate your interest in my recipes, Cristina! The healthy and cute banana bread delights are great for breakfast, popping in your lunch box or grabbing on the go. What Inspired You to Write Healthier Chocolate Treats?   They’ll give these healthy banana muffins a natural sweetness. I’m so pleased you like the muffins. In a separate bowl, beat together the egg, yoghurt and oil. I’m so honored that you’d want to make them for your toddler. Here's the recipe. Postal: Blue Sky Publications (Pty) Ltd T/A TheSouthAfrican, PO Box 44354, Claremont, 7735, South Africa, United Kingdom– Blue Sky Publications Ltd – Company Registration Number: 04683692. It’s such a clever trick which really works so that you’re never caught short when you fancy making these.