Because then that makes sense. Below you can see him take on Reid Duke on Elves and well, I’ll keep the outcome for you to view yourself. Could someone educate me? All Sets: Card Number: 176. A Planeswalker on-board represents effective lifegain if an opponent attacks it. The big difference between more traditional Maverick builds and Punishing Maverick is that Punishing Fire is recursive removal. Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community. No additional import charges at delivery! that's the answer. If you know your local meta well and know it’s dominated by creature based decks, you’re going to have a great experience with this deck. You've already got a compliment of Fetches and Shocklands that go with the Fetches . "acceptedAnswer": { After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. You find find my previous leagues with Punishing Maverick via my YouTube channel. Excludes: Angola, Cameroon, Cayman Islands, French Polynesia, Libya, Mongolia, Suriname, Guyana, Panama, Mauritius, Brunei Darussalam, Chad, Madagascar, New Caledonia, Bahamas, Bermuda, Iran, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Western Sahara, Bolivia, Laos, Congo, Republic of the, Seychelles, Sudan, Guadeloupe, Venezuela, Somalia, Burma, Cuba, Republic of, Reunion, Yemen, Barbados, Belize, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Central African Republic, Martinique, Dominica, Niger, French Guiana, Saint Pierre and Miquelon. Mox Diamond and Chalice of the Void along with cards like Dark Confidant and Liliana of the Veil really allow 4C Loam some incredibly fast starts and gives you game against a large portion of the field. alongside sphinxes revelation in RtR. . } For legacy, punishing fire is the main reason. Well, you're a combo deck, primarily. I wouldn't call Horizon Canopy overpriced. Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the balance is not paid in full within 6 months. It's kind of a black Grove of the Burnwillows + Punishing Fire combo and kills Deathrite Shaman who is a huge problem for this deck. This amount is subject to change until you make payment. in legacy it's irreplaceable in decks that play punishing fire. Types: Land. . Well, if you're playing on the Pro Tour, you need to make an objective deckbuilding decision without financial motivation in mind. I also agree that when Deathrite Shaman was in the format, answers like Punishing Fire were much more needed. 4 years ago. The additional of red in your manabase also allows you to play some strong control and combo sideboard cards such as Red Elemental Blast and Pyroblast. Citing the Maverick Primer from MTG The Source, “Punishing Fire was first adopted in Maverick decks at the end of 2011, primarily as a way of gaining an edge in the Maverick mirror. Karplusan Forest and Grove of the Burnwillows: other Gruul dual lands that can ETB untapped turn one for a green one drop. Blast effects are currently the best way to answer an Oko, Thief of Crowns -on the stack as a 1 for 1. You can give it +1/+1 every turn using the Grove. The deck is primarily Jund colors, so it wants some Red/Green lands. The ability to go after basic lands in Legacy right now is highly relevant especailly against decks like UW Stoneblade and Miracles. This land is part of such a powerful combo that its counterpart was banned in Modern. It’s probably your next best alternative once you’ve already stuffed your Red-Green deck with 4 Taigas. If it were possible to just have like two copies of Punishing Fire in the sideboard without f**king up our maindeck manabase I’d consider it, but I think it’s not even remotely where the deck wants to be and you’re better off playing 4c Loam if you want to go that route. Well, you're a combo deck, primarily. It's the easiest way to find Magic card art, prices, and rulings. "@type": "Answer", Kavu Predator is a green creature that gets a +1/+1 counter each time your opponent gains life (and it has trample.) Watch Queue Queue. Note: Wrenn & Six is now banned in the Legacy, however I believe this information is quite important for players to know how good Wrenn was and what sort of impact it had on the format. Here’s a list he took to a Top 4 finish at the Dice City Games Legacy Rumble on the 9th of February 2020 including a spicy inclusion – Klothys, God of Destiny. Punishing Maverick has a huge amount of game to it, and just when you think 4C Loam has stolen its crown, it puts up another hard fought result. It's not as heavily played as shocks, but it's much less available compared to shocks as well. Please try again. This is the only real question that should be asked when looking to add a new card into your deck. Something went wrong. This is great against decks with sweepers like Toxic Deluge and Terminus which threaten the effectiveness of your go-wide beatdown strategy. This isn’t the only reason though; the 3 Grove of the Burnwillows and 1-2 Taiga ‘s also means your white sources are quite vulnerable. So . Nimbus Maze: Got Blue but Need White? BANT Depths Sideboard Guide by Dreadnaught33, Creates total inevitability against nearly all decks.