I’m making these tonight, the recipe is very clear, I’m just a little confused about one detail. In the Mexican culture we don't typically make enchiladas with flour tortillas so I stuck to the usual corn tortillas. Simple to make and very good tasting. var s=document.createElement('script');s.async=true;s.onload=function(){};s.src='//f.convertkit.com/975113743e/139367bf1b.js'; :-) LOL Thank goodness for this site for all sorts of great recipe ideas! Repeat the process with the remaining tortillas. Good morning! Add approximately 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture, then tightly roll up the tortilla and place it seam side down in the pan. Don't make gringo food. Topped with a colby/Monterey jack cheese shredded mixture. 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese. I love this recipe, it was quick and easy. These green enchiladas start with cooked, shredded chicken. This enchilada recipe is … Bring the edges over the filling to close it. Required fields are marked *. Hint: used the broth for Mexican rice. Need clarity please, thank you! Being in Arizona i have tried a lot of enchiladas and these were fantastic. Lay one of the tortillas on a flat surface and spread approximately 2 teaspoons of sour cream down the center of each tortilla. I shopped last night, I bought a package of 6” tortillas. This enchilada recipe is sure to become a family favorite! Still hungry? It’s just a smaller pan in the photo, the 14 tortillas in a 9×13 is correct! When they were done cooking I sprinkled, from a small can, chopped green chiles and chopped green onions. Prepare the filling. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. You can make these enchiladas as mild or as spicy as you like by selecting a sauce and can of chiles with the heat content that you’re looking for. Toss together the chicken, chiles, cheese, and 1 cup of the chile sauce. Prepare the enchilada sauce. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. This one was just what I was looking for. I filled 10 flour tortillas with the chicken and cheese, which fit into a 9X13 pan perfectly. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Follow Dinner at the Zoo on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest for more great recipe ideas! Used the Las Palmas canned green sauce over the top, also added more shredded cheese, slices of pickled jalapeños and black olives to the top. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. s.setAttribute('data-uid','975113743e-XX');document.head.appendChild(s) I happen to be an enchilada lover – cheese, beef, chicken, I love ’em all! I made this with kirkland brand canned chicken chunk and Hatch green chiles. I did cook 3 medium chicken breast, and I'm sure it was more than one pound, in a pressure cooker with cumin, garlic, pepper, and paprika and diced some onions. 1 1/2 cups white shredded cheese (panela, jack, mozzarella. Lightly grease a medium baking dish. Get easy-to-follow, delicious recipes delivered right to your inbox. loadFc975(), chicken enchiladas, green chile chicken enchiladas, Optional: chopped fresh cilantro, diced tomatoes. My husband wished they were more zippy - we added half a can of chopped green chilies to the sauce, but next time I'll add sauteed onion and garlic too. You can make it the day before. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. I use corn tortillas here because it’s more traditional, but you can absolutely substitute flour tortillas if you prefer. You can use leftover chicken, a rotisserie chicken, or cook up some fresh chicken breasts. document.removeEventListener('mousemove',loadFc975); In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, 1/2 of the cheese, green chilies, garlic powder, cumin, onion powder and salt and pepper to taste. Just follow these simple steps to make this easy, cheesy dinner recipe! I use mild sauce and mild chiles because I’m feeding kids, but if you like spicy, switch to a hot enchilada sauce or chiles. Enchiladas Verdes (Green Enchiladas) With Chicken. function loadFc975(){var i=function(t){if(!t)return;var n=t.getBoundingClientRect();return 2222>n.top||-2222>n.top};if(inited975||!i(document.querySelector('#fck975,#convertkit_form-2')))return;inited975=!0;console.log('load f.convertkit in widget 975113743e'); Pour about 1/4 cup of the green chile sauce into the bottom of a 9-inch baking dish. document.addEventListener('mousemove',loadFc975); I make Mexican Rice to serve on the side. document.addEventListener('scroll',loadFc975); Thank you Sara! Stir in the enchilada sauce. I sometimes put some chicken breasts in the slow cooker with a cup of green salsa, then cook on low for 6 hours and shred the meat. Thanks, Congrats! After the enchiladas are rolled up, they’re coated in sauce and topped with cheese before they go into the oven. So much healthier. Thanks Shackl. Chicken Mix. Las Palmas green sauce in the can makes these taste great. I then added chopped, cooked chicken (I boiled the chicken with garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, salt and pepper), adding pepper jack cheese and a heaping tablespoon of green chile sauce into each tortilla, roll it up and when all are done pour the remaining sauce over the top, and finish just as the recipe asks. Lay a tortilla flat and fill with about 1/4 cup of filling down the center. I wanted to find a verde enchilada dish without using soup or sour cream. Served with sour cream and refried beans. I will definitely make this recipe again. Be sure to scroll down to the bottom for the full recipe. Drain, cool, and shred. The basis of this recipe is really good but you can go through a few more steps to jazz it up. I arranged them in two columns short side ways (7 per column). Microwave for 1 minute until tortillas are warm and pliable. Very easy to make! function loadFcSC975(){if(window.scrollY>88)loadFc975()}; In a pot with enough water to cover, boil the chicken 25 minutes, or until juices run clear. My husband said to put it in our rotation of favorite recipes. Very good recipe but with a little tweaking it comes out perfect. Fill each tortilla with equal amounts of chicken and cheese, reserving 1/4 cup cheese for topping. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. I serve these green chile chicken enchiladas with our favorite Mexican rice and beans for an amazingly delicious dinner that my whole family enjoys. I dipped each tortilla in hot oil for about 20 seconds each and drained them and then dipped them in the Las Palmas Green Chile Sauce (large can). Home » Dinner » Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Pour remaining sauce over the top and sprinkle with the cotija. I typically use rotisserie chicken in these enchiladas to make life easier, but leftover chicken also works great! I did modify the recipe a bit though. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). You can also subscribe without commenting. And yes he means it! I have a picky husband and he loved it too. Filed Under: Dinner, Gluten Free Tagged With: Chicken, Mexican Food. Bake in a 400 F oven for 5 minutes to soften them. The ingredient list calls for 14 tortillas, but it appears there are only 7 in the photo – do you need two 9×13” bakers to bake all 14? Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Bake in a 400 F oven for 5 minutes to soften them. Instead of Monterey jack cheese I subbed cream cheese mixing it with the chicken until it was melted and pouring a little bit of the sauce into the mixture. These green chile chicken enchiladas are made with shredded chicken and plenty of cheese, all rolled up in corn tortillas and smothered with green chile sauce. Dip a tortilla in the oil to soften in or you can brush each tortilla with oil. I like my enchiladas on the mild side; if you like things spicy, use a can of diced jalapenos instead of the green chiles, or go for a hotter enchilada sauce. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. I will definitely make this recipe again. I dipped each tortilla in hot oil for about 20 seconds each and drained them and then dipped them in the Las Palmas Green Chile Sauce (large can). Made about 20 enchiladas using 6in corn tortillas and took about 35mun the oven to brown the cheese. Very good recipe but with a little tweaking it comes out perfect. We had guests over and they loved it. Your email address will not be published. Toss together the chicken, chiles, cheese, and 1 cup of the chile sauce. 724 calories; protein 36.8g 74% DV; carbohydrates 77.2g 25% DV; fat 29.2g 45% DV; cholesterol 88.7mg 30% DV; sodium 1133.7mg 45% DV. In a medium bowl, mix together the monterey jack and cheddar cheeses. When they were done cooking I sprinkled, from a small can, chopped green chiles and chopped green onions. Then I shredded the chicken and added a large can of diced green chilies to it. Set aside. Lay the tortilla seam-side down in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. inited975=!1; They were delicious, will definitely make again, thank you!! Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. This green enchiladas recipe is always a crowd-pleaser and is sure to have your family asking for more. Make-Ahead Mexican: Enchiladas and Other Recipes, A Simple Mexican Dish: How to Make Chilaquiles With Tortilla Chips. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. In a large skillet cook the onion and spices, then add in the garlic cooked chicken and chiles. These green chile chicken enchiladas are made with shredded chicken and plenty of cheese, all rolled up in corn tortillas and smothered with green chile sauce.