Do not over pulse. I love to make them about 1 inch which equals to 2 bites. They have too much protein which is harsh on your childs organs and interfere with absorption.. I’m using a safe protein powder for kids- if you don’t have a kid-friendly protein powder omit it from the recipe. We won't send you spam. Please try again. You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK for more crave-worthy content. To make the protein balls uniform in size and shape, try these tips: In this protein ball recipe, you start with the same basic ingredients each time. These are the easiest ever protein balls, made 5 ways! Your email address will not be published. Hope that helps! Hey hey! 2 cups rolled oats; 1 1/3 cup vanilla whey protein powder; 1/4 cup honey; 1/4 cup coconut oil; 1/4 cup cashew or almond butter (cashew gives a … The basic ingredients for protein balls is the same regardless of which flavor you make. I’m so happy you’re here! In the meantime, add me to your contacts to ensure that you receive my Challenge emails . These delicious and filling protein balls taste like a peanut butter oatmeal cookie, but have 4.4 grams of protein in each 100 calorie ball! Store them in the fridge or place them back in the freezer. THIS is makes these protein balls so kid friendly- it is to blend your oats and your coconut. Place in freezer for two hours. Chill on sheet pan with parchment paper for 30 minutes in refrigerator. Microwave honey (or other sweetener), nut butter and coconut oil. Microwave wet ingredients for 30-40 seconds, then fold into dry ingredients. You can make them smaller or larger. Adding Protein To Cookie Dough Overnight Oats: When it came to adding the protein to this recipe, I used Genuine Health fermented vegan proteins+ in vanilla.The vanilla protein flavour worked wonderfully with the oats, maple syrup, chia seeds, almond milk, and cashew butter to reproduce that cookie-dough taste. Because these protein balls contain very shelf stable ingredients ( and zero milk or diary products) they easily can last for 2 weeks. Tastes like a delicious dessert (not too healthy smeathy tasting). Texture should be sticky and hold together if pinched between your fingers. These Cookie Dough Protein Balls will definitely rock your world! Just pulse until they are a nice small course texture. To thaw, remove 2-3 from airtight container and let sit at room temp for 5-15 minutes. Your email address will not be published. A peanut butter oatmeal cookie of course! Add protein powder, cinnamon, vanilla, dates, peanut butter, and water to a food processor or blender and blend until well mixed. Cookie Dough Protein Balls (Kid Friendly!). Be sure to check out my free beginner’s guide to meal prep and follow me on Facebook, YouTube and Instagram to get my latest recipes and meal prep tips! Kids have a few different things that us adult don’t. They will last in the freezer for 3 months. Mix the ingredients until they are just combined. Learn how your comment data is processed. Store in fridge for 1-2 weeks. Amazing texture. All Rights Reserved. A cooking lifestyle blog sharing recipes, DIY, decor and more. and munch as desired. This recipe for no-bake protein cookie dough balls is a dream come true. Hey there, my name's Taylor! These no bake protein balls take only a few minutes to put together and will provide you with a high energy snack any time. This recipe will make any of these flavors: For nut-free protein balls, use sunflower butter instead of peanut, cashew, or almond butter. Use a cookie scoop to keep the size consistent, To prevent the dough from sticking to your hands, dampen them with water, If they are mushy, try adding a bit more oats, If they are crumbling, add wet ingredients (like honey). Should make 16 - 18 balls. In blender or food processor blend oats, then coconut to a more fine texture. This being the case, it is not a good choice if you are following a keto or low carb diet. Add peanut butter, honey, chia seeds, salt, vanilla, and chocolate chips. Success! You can add protein powder to the blender to make the cookie dough balls higher in protein. Check out my best tips for perfecting these oatmeal cookie dough balls! Store in the refrigerator (or freezer!) Freezer for 3 months. They are a high protein snack and consist of only 6 natural ingredients! Required fields are marked *. She found a deep love for food and nutrition after learning to cook from her mom at eight years old. What you add to that base depends on what variety you want to make. Today marks my last day soaking up the Florida sunshine! STEP 1: If you have a food processor you can totally use that. ... To Make Chickpea Cookie Dough Balls. These protein balls are perfect if you do not have time to bake, it’s egg free and safe. It is the most versatile and can be used in any recipe. The bites also have 4.6g of protein each, making them a great source of energy and fiber. I highly recommend this awesome protein powder- Kidzshake. In a food processor or high-powered blender, pulse all of ingredients together until combined. I love seeing your creations! DO NOT over pulse them– you don’t want an oat flour. To thaw- separate balls and let sit at room temp for about 15 minutes. click to read more! If that’s your thing, I think we’re going to be really good friends. In my opinion, they provide a nicer texture and flavor. of dough per ball. Just add a little more peanut butter and honey to ensure they are not too dry and will form a nice firm energy ball.