Overall Plano is the best place to make long-lasting memories with your family and friends, I know I did! New Castle Town, New York had the highest, with $186,493. Outdoor recreation is abundant such as boating, biking, running, fishing, hiking, swimming, outdoor theater and many, many others. Also, why don't we have a whole foods grocery store or trader joe's?!?!? But what’s true on a national level doesn’t always bear out on the state or local level, and to be sure, some places have made much more progress against crime than others, while many locales have seen rates of various crimes increase. © Copyright 2020 SafeHome.org a Centerfield Media Company. As a nation, we have some of the highest levels of crime around the world. With places for outdoor activities like hiking, running and biking, as well as organized sports. Every weekend, you’ll find everyone you know in Mcallen, that’s where you go for fun! Although the price or rent may seem high, it's all made up for with a view of the Flatirons from pretty much anywhere in the city. It boasts several shopping malls with lots of wonderful places to eat from sweet to savory. There are lots of historic sites. The weather is fantastic, with Round Rock boasting about 300 days of sunshine per year. There are even breweries too! The same tables were consulted for 2009 to create a 10-year analysis of the rate of change in crime. The Great Park also has many fun activities like hopping onto the carousel or (my personal favorite) viewing the whole city and become mesmerized by the landscape from a hot air balloon. The attractions here are the WB studio, near disneyland, universal studios, and more! All in all, Round Rock is a great place to live.Read 361 Reviews, Nearby Resident: Carlsbad is a family-friendly city with many activities to participate in! There are still small businesses in Sunnyvale, such as Zanotto's Family Market, the fruit stand, and others around the city. Tennessee’s property crime rate is also the ninth-highest in the country. The American government categorizes crime in two ways. The food here is the best! There is a lot of diversity among residents. There are tons of hikes and outdoor activities! Many attractions lie near this area but it still tends to be a very relaxing environment. New Mexico has the highest combined rate of violent crimes and property crimes, followed by Alaska, Louisiana and South Carolina. Plano is a quiet place to raise a family, they provide good public education, friendly environment, good food. Such as surfing, eating healthy, and ordering an ice cream cone on-the-go. I love Mcallen! The attractions here are the WB studio, near disneyland, universal studios, and more! Definitely something that needs to change. Now there's nothing wrong with that, but I've noticed how depressed the students tend to get here when they don't measure up. Mcallen has grown so much in the past couple of years businesses wise, it’s so much more developed now. There are a lot of different areas in Sunnyvale to shop, explore, and have fun. All but one type of major crimes reported by the FBI has seen the rate at which it’s committed decline since 1999. In 2016, the most common type of violent crime committed in the United States was classified as aggravated assault. The state’s rate of sexual assault is 161.9 incidents per 1000,000 people, nearly four times the national rate. These numbers are still quite large, and they are evident of the reality that the United States still has a long way to go before crime becomes abnormal instead of the norm. Let’s see where rates are highest and lowest, as well as which cities have seen rates rise or fall. Unfortunately, however, the city of Bellevue is not very affordable, especially in terms of the housing market.Read 147 Reviews, Visitor: I really enjoy this city because of how clean and open the roads are; overall the city feels breathable due to the low amount of tall buildings and offers several places to surround yourself with nature on a hike. Boulder has definitely earned it's title as my new home. The total violent crime rate in the U.S. reached its 21st-century low in 2014, though it’s generally been on a downward trend over the past half-decade. There are still small businesses in Sunnyvale, such as Zanotto's Family Market, the fruit stand, and others around the city. Every weekend, you’ll find everyone you know in Mcallen, that’s where you go for fun! Nevada has the fifth-highest crime rate of 541.1 incidents per 100,000 people. This city is truly one of my favorites and holds many dear memories of me and my loved ones.Read 471 Reviews, Works Here: Sunnyvale is the city I've grown up in, and I love it! Unfortunately, however, the city of Bellevue is not very affordable, especially in terms of the housing market. I love parks and malls that surround Plano. I love the air quality which is fresh and depending on your neighboorhood everyone is friendly.Read 315 Reviews, Current Resident: This is a great city! Boulder has a great balance of outdoor activities and city life- it's only a 5 minute drive to the mountains and a 30 minute drive to Denver! Based on cost of living factors for an area including housing costs, tax rates, and cost of essentials like food and fuel. While the topline results of national crime statistics are good (almost all types of crime are down), digging a little deeper reveals that not only is one especially violent and devastating crime (rape) increasing, but many cities across the country have disturbingly high rates of crime. Murder, robbery and aggravated assault all have become less common over the past couple of decades, and by one measure, rape has also become less common in that time. Like other states with high crime rates, this is likely skewed due to some cities with very high crime rates, such as Little Rock and Pine Bluff. Everyone knows about Texas barbecue; no food anywhere can even compare. Outdoor recreation is abundant such as boating, biking, running, fishing, hiking, swimming, outdoor theater and many, many others. The following table of United States cities by crime rate is based on Federal Bureau of Investigation Uniform Crime Reports statistics from 2017 for the top 100 most populous cities in America that have reported data to the FBI UCR system.. Thousand Oaks is a friendly and generally quiet city to live in. These are just a few things that make Sunnyvale unique - come visit and see for yourself! I loved growing up in Round Rock. South Dakota’s violent crime rate has doubled since 1999, and the state also recorded a modest increase in the property crime rate. If you're ever in town it's worth the visit! It boasts several shopping malls with lots of wonderful places to eat from sweet to savory. The people are friendly and there is a strong sense of community. But sadly I have noticed there's a very harmful perfectionist culture. Provo is definitely a college town. Current Resident: Naperville is a nice town to grow up in! Vermont has the fourth-lowest crime rate in the United States with a crime rate of 200 incidents per 100,000 people. Read more on how this ranking was calculated. Nevada’s most problematic crimes include robbery, motor vehicle theft, and aggravated assault. The average crime rates in America during the year 2016 were…. Plus the fact that it is around many amazing resturants! Excluding the District of Columbia, which is more accurately compared to cities than to states, Alaska has the highest rate of violent crimes and the second highest rate of property crimes. In general, states have seen crime rates decline since 1999, though some states have recorded major increases, particularly in the violent crime rates.