Check out behind the scenes peeks on Instagram! You just press the same lever you used to remove it to slide it back in. Let me know! Let me know if that answers your question well enough . « Little Photographer Camera Softie – New Pattern Release, Greenstyle Creations: Hudson Hooded T-Shirt Pattern Review ». Video, Sewing Knits. Lay the two pattern pieces right sides together (RST), with the straight edges aligning. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator. sewocd,so glad you found the tutorials helpful!! We had hardwood floors installed in our new house and the dust and debris it left in our basement (where my sewing room is) was unreal. :), THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, and did I say THANK YOU/? I want to let you know how much I appreciate the time you took to share your knowledge with others! Margaret, I have to agree with you whole heartedly. Please comment below and let us know if the videos helped you master your machine! That way, you don't accidentally start cutting your already trimmed beginning area. Out-of-pocket was zero (the best kind of project!). I tried the pillowcase route, he just pushes it up and crawls under it! I promise it’s quicker than printing, cutting, and taping! Turn the bottom raw edge up 1/2″ all the way around, press. Serger Brother 1034D - Tutorial on How to Oil . Cut 4 of the shaped sides, mirrored so one is reversed – 2 of fusible fleece, 2 of nice fabric. Sergerpepper.com is a great resource for serger issues. i bought one but what makes a serger better than a basic machine? I wish my 3 year old was put off by mischief that easily I’d love to see your cover, if you have a picture, glad you had fun with the tutorial! People moan about threading it, but it really isn’t bad once you do it a few times! Read more about me here. As I was sewing on a pretty thin rayon challis, I needed the extra layer to make a nice finish. I made it last night (well, finished top stitching today) – even lined it and adore it. I used my serger. I found it just in time too, I just receive an order of knits that I bought on sale at fabric.com. and Stretch Fabric, Serge Trim any unevenness around the bottom where the panels meet. I love sewing, hand embroidery, & crafts! Or what does one do with the dangling left needle thread? You are so welcome, hope it turned out great!! I recently learned how to do a narrow rolled edge on circular skirts on angels for our craft sale at church. 3. I set my lower looper tension to 5 as the thread kept breaking at the higher tension. A Serger - Presales Considerations, Case Removal and Put it back together again - 2 videos, Differential Feed: Understanding and using the Differential Feed, Fabric is Tunneling or Rolling when serged, Finishing Because i don’t see one. The walk-through was clear and measurements were dead on perfect within the pattern bits (which is rarely true with online tutorials – well done!). I highly recommend it. Hey Chris, Thank You So Much! Hey Karen!It's actually pretty easy to put back. The stuff in this blog is in not only incredible but also providing the great knowledge to the people. I did not have fusible fleece so I just used a heavier fusible interfacing. You may need to use a seam ripper or pen to smooth out the fabric underneath – any excess can be pulled towards the left/back so you have a smooth line to continue sewing with the 3/8″ seam allowance, Continue all the way around, pivoting at each corner. This is awesome! Man. I don’t think it would be a great first serger project, but if you do try it let me know . Kit for Cleaning Serger, Painless Sewing.zip Like a 7.25. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Blind Hem.pdf . By using this site, you agree to my use of cookies, understand our privacy policy and confirm that you are over the age of 16 (or have parental permission if under 16). http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-serger-cover/2015/02/28/, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBDhrFa5w98. I quickly made a serger cover to keep it clean and then tweaked the pattern and tutorial to make my Mom one for her birthday! Stands up like a soldier. Another great tutorial for the serger! Thanks for using them for your purchases, it means a lot to me! Finger Inserting and Removing, Stitch It's not very noticeable. 5. Ahead by Nancy Zieman.pdf by Yvette Feet Instructions and Videos, Presser Feet My thread keeps breaking in the lower looper. View and Download Brother 1034d user manual online. glayla-I just overlapped a little and trimmed the threads. Draw out your side piece pattern. I’ve got a Craft Gossip post scheduled for tomorrow morning that links to your tutorial: Did you teach yourself about sergers, or did you take classes? I love sewing with my Brother 1034D Serger. I can “print” it as a PDF and email it to you if you have Adobe and can open PDFs? Let me introduce you to the biggest collections of serger // overlockers resources from all around the web. Twas what I thought the reason was! What kind of sheer material are your working with? Trim down the seam allowance and clip each corner so they poke out better, making sure not to clip through the stitching. settings.xlsx, If you'd like to receive an email notification when this page changes,you can subscribe to the 100% opt-in, free service provided by. I know I emailed you directly already, but in case anyone else is ready, the answer is yes! Join in on Instagram with #sewingreportsquad! , Yay for a new serger! Please let me know about it, just write it in the comments section, I’ll add it with pleasure!