We are Israel’s soldiers around the globe.’ ”. The following one, scheduled for December, will bring groups from San Diego and San Francisco. “We’ve had lots of conversations during this trip about creating Jewish families,” he relays. Birthright is a non-profit charitable organization that has been providing love and support for over 50 years to women facing unplanned pregnancies. I have received from you much more than I have given you.’. When exactly that happens, they say, is not super-critical. This is the first time in 50 years that a gold cache from the Fatimid period has been discovered in Jerusalem’s Old City. safe place for you to get the information and At first, I felt they were just giving money to Israel to clear their consciences. Inspired by Taglit-Birthright’s free trips to Israel for college students, this brand new program provides heavily discounted 10-day trips to the Holy Land for couples that meet its eligibility requirements. Though not honeymooners themselves and not soon to be either, Aron and Rosana say being part of this group has made them feel less like outliers. If the pilot trips succeed, he said, within three years, Honeymoon Israel will set up operations in 15 communities around North America. Al Khalifa made an “important contribution” to peace between Israel and Bahrain, says the Israeli premier. Aron Macarow and Rosana Alcantar, a transgender couple, are not really thinking about getting married, even though they’ve been together for four years. In Georgia, Senate candidates Perdue and Ossoff head to January runoff. Mike Wise, the current executive director of the Jewish Federation of Greater Buffalo who previously held senior positions at various other federations, conceived the idea for the program and outlined his idea at a conference on Jewish engagement in Jerusalem last year. Wise, who is accompanying the Los Angeles group, came up with the idea for Honeymoon Israel after a Pew survey, published last year, found that American Jews were more assimilated than ever. Long before they found out about Honeymoon Israel, she and Dave had planned to travel to Israel for their real honeymoon, once they were married. Chill and take in the special Shabbat atmosphere… Have an activity with your I.D.F Soldiers, and tour the Israel Museum. Jewish voting patterns point to gain in ‘bedrock Republicanism,’ particularly in Florida. But then the list grew longer, with 20,000 people in line. Whenever we are in Israel, we make a point of talking with Birthright groups. Watch a short movie about Michael Levin, a famous Israeli fallen soldier. Emotions may be overwhelming and the circumstances may feel impossible. Report: COVID outbreak in Israel to worsen over winter. “Never again means never again,” declare Israeli President Reuven Rivlin, Austria’s Alexander Van der Bellen and Germany’s Frank-Walter Steinmeier in a joint video clip. 777 Coxwell Ave., Toronto, Ontario M4C 3C6. ‘We all cried together. “I am ashamed that Jews do not feel safe wearing a kippah on the streets. “In those marriages, only 20 percent say they will raise their children as exclusively Jewish. The proposed sale, worth $23.37 billion, includes 50 F-35 Lightning II aircraft, 18 MQ-9B Unmanned Aerial Systems and a package of air-to-air and air-to-ground munitions. A lot of Jewish couples are mixed couples these days,” says a woman on that video. Each couple will be asked to contribute $1,500 toward the trip, the full cost of which, according to Rubel, is $9,500. The couple joined Birthright as donors in 2011, enabling a significant expansion of the project. According to the Coronavirus National Information and Knowledge Center, a spike in infection is likely during the coming cold months, when people will spend more time indoors. Quite a number have already celebrated their anniversaries, and others have yet to wed. That’s not the point, though. A new organization called “Honeymoon Israel” brings interfaith couples to the Holy Land for trips. When you’re ready to talk, we’ll be here. Initially geared to help educators, the free program was designed to help everyone from parents, grandparents, clergy of all faiths, youth-group leaders and the general public seeking a way to begin to understand what really happened. (res.) Birthright at 20: An interview with power-couple philanthropists Sheldon and Miriam Adelson. Gradually, I found out about the amount of time–not just money–that they were investing to find out how to help Israel, whether by aiding the integration of immigrants from the Former Soviet Union or by adopting a town in Israel. Feeling anxious about making contact is normal. ‘We visited the grave of a soldier who was our age, 18, when he was killed,’ he said. Oh, shoot! Serenading your loved one: The first Birthright Honeymoon Israel group visiting Caesarea this week. You have been to Bedouin tents, to Masada, everywhere. My son, Adam, called me from Israel and said, ‘Mom, it has changed my life.’, “I asked him, ‘How? They were married exactly one month ago, right after Mary completed her conversion to Judaism. I wonder whether the non-Jewish partner can be Palestinian? You have been to Israel with us dozens of times. Local Jewish leaders commend the move to permit the first new housing since 2002, which they hope will attract young couples to the city, while an anti-settlement NGO argues that permits are illegal. Clearly, not all of them will be able to make the journey, for a host of reasons, but I would like to see all the others visiting Israel.”. At least one person in each couple must be Jewish. The couples from Los Angeles are a diverse bunch. It’s obviously Zionist; but judging from the video below, it’s more about keeping these couples’ kids as Jews by using the lodestone of Jewish identity these days, Israel. Israel For Two is a great opportunity to share 10 incredible days of travel with your partner. Miriam Adelson: “We heard about Birthright when we were looking to invest in projects that are significant for the Jewish people. You'll get the authentic Birthright Israel trip experience, plus the added bonus of having your favorite person along for the ride! Maybe it’s a sign that the Birthright program for younger folks isn’t producing the results they wanted. In the interest of maintaining a civil forum, The Forward requires that all commenters be appropriately respectful toward our writers, other commenters and the subjects of the articles. We help you form a plan that fits in with your life. “But you know what,” says Nick, “last night, when were sitting out looking over the Sea of Galilee, I said to Stacy, ‘Thank you for being born Jewish because otherwise we would never have this experience together.’”. Birthright is supported by devoted volunteers and private donations. Please Note: This trip is run for groups  ages 22 to 32. US imposes sanctions on individuals, firms connected to Iran military. IsraAID Guatemala brings relief in wake of Storm Eta. Our services are free, non-judgmental and confidential. Sign up today. The couples gather around their guide to hear a brief introduction to its history, then wander off on their own, many hand-in-hand, to take in the romantic setting. It was at that moment that my friends and I realized the significance of our visit to Israel. ^-^ Quote; … JNS's influence and readership are growing exponentially, and our positioning sets us apart. Corbet, who is not Jewish, says she hoped to gain a better understanding of her future husband and his family through this trip. So we subsidized them, too.”, Sheldon Adelson: “My father dreamed of going to Israel, but did not live to see the day. It transforms them. “We represent a new Jewish community. This wasn't in your life plan. As the sun sets enjoy a jam session with local Israeli musician, Roy Levi. Brand Infusion Ari Kadim was raised in an ultra-Orthodox home in Brooklyn, and Mary Davis grew up Christian. Another runoff in the state on Jan. 5 will take place between incumbent Republican Sen. Kelly Loeffler and Democrat Rev. “From our perspective, it was important that they also have skin in the game,” he said.