They scrape the meat from between the bones and it is nowhere near as tasty as freshly cut ribs! For what it’s worth, here’s another recipe for ribs that’s mostly for the oven…could easily be tweaked to be completely grill-free with a quick pass under the broiler at the end to crisp a few ends and edges…. There is a lot of waiting time, but low and slow allows the flavor of the rub to permeate the ribs, doing wonders for the texture of the meat. Honestly, I preferred the dry rub version, there's enough fat on the ribs that they stay. If you … Instead of basting with the sauce, I warmed it up over low heat and served it on the side. Halfway through, I ran out of propane, so I finished them in the oven. The desired temperature is 202℉. Some were removed from the bone and went into a very tasty pasta sauce, chopped coarsely. I applied the rub to the ribs and put in fridge for 8 hrs. I’ve only ever done ribs once and they were awful. Each rack of the back ribs should take around 1 ½ to 2 hours to cook while the lid is closed. (And maybe get a new grill!). Strongly brewed coffee, Samantha. I really love how it tastes and I also love different kinds of sauce that can be pair with that dish. That’s understandable. Good news, I thought. 1. Place ribs directly on the grill and cook for 30 minutes. We’re so glad you enjoyed these, Michael. Makes about 1 1/2 cups. Get u some! This is a shame, as I suspect the sugar would have created a nice caramelized exterior. Photo © 2010, 1/4 cup salt, or more, depending on your tolerance for the stuff (up to 1/2 cup), 5 pounds beef back ribs* (see *What Are Beef Back Ribs” above), Pumpkin Cake with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting. You’ll need at least 2 to 3 ribs per person. Originally published August 30, 2010. So glad the recipe worked out perfectly! After 45 minutes make sure the ribs are ready to be grilled. I bought a Sharper Image Superwave Oven recently and I have been trying all kinds of recipes with great results. I prefer 1/4 cup of garlic salt, 1-2 tablespoons of freshly cracked pepper, and 2 … https://leitesculinaria.com/44707/recipes-barbecued-beef-back-ribs.html Almost a zen-like kind of effort goes into this slow process. This is a straightforward recipe producing great results with beef ribs with very little effort. Add your sauce or rub Check on the charcoal. I followed the recommended temperatures and timing closely and was pleased with the results. Combine in large pan. Alternately, a light or dark brown sugar could be a substitute. They went in for 1 hr then I flipped it and cooked it for 30 min. Michelle, now I’m on pins and needles. Beef back ribs typically come in 4- to 6-rib chunks. Flip the ribs, brush with the sauce again, and cook for 5 to 15 minutes more. Let us know if you try it on steak or chops or chicken or any such thing…. Put it on a plate and wrap in aluminum foil for 10 minutes Serve. Then tell us. I've removed the membrane myself in the past and it's not that tough but if you're not so inclined, ask your butcher. I’m sure you know this, but for many readers, NEVER, EVER buy them frozen…just not worth it. Then enter your email address for our weekly newsletter. I always marinate with white vinegar to tenderize before cooking. It was on the verge of going dry but was still edible. Pull membrane from back of the ribs and trim any excess fat. It was definately ready now! Please give it a try. At the end of cooking the coffee had evaporated. (It tends to be sort of slippery. I made these ribs exactly to the recipe and they were absolutely amazing. Peel the membrane off the back side of the ribs and discard it. Spray ribs with apple juice after the first 30 minutes of cooking and every 30 minutes after, about 2-1/2 hours. You can store the mixture in an air-tight container in a cool dry location for future use. My ribs were whole and very large, making wrapping them a bit difficult. Throw ribs on the hot ready grill until they are cooked all the way thru. Anyways we are going to see how they turn out in a just few moments. My concern is the grilling. And put your babyback on for about 4 hr with a nice smoke. It’s good to be reminded. What did you serve them with? Sorta gotta experience it.–Renee Schettler. Terrific, Leah! While ribs cook, put apple juice in a spray bottle. Log In to your account to view and add notes to this recipe.Don't have an account? Thanks! And we agree that they’re definitely better with the sauce. (It tends to be sort of slippery. I followed your instructions, which were great. I used my own rub recipe, but the cooking technique in this recipe, and so far it’s working amazingly! Increase the temperature of the grill to 400°F (204°C). Rather than cook over a wood grill, I used a pellet smoker with a temperature sensor. Just coat with a sweetly spicy rub and then slooooooowly cook them to tender terrificness. Attach it below. Ribs came out rich, juicy, tender and amazing with no sauce. Season the ribs liberally on both sides with some of the rub. It’s wonderful to hear your success story, Martha. These beef ribs make a great, quick meal. Not a good idea since it was so hot this summer and I didn’t want to heat up the whole house! Let us know how it goes…! Read recipe notes submitted by our community or add your own notes. Great photo, by the way. 9. Sauce the ribs generously leaving extra sauce for during grilling. Transfer the foil-wrapped ribs to a platter. Mix well and take a taste. The only problem I have with this recipe is the amount of grilling at the end. I really want them to turn out. 6. We really enjoyed the ribs and I’ll definitely make them again. Flip the ribs and cook for 30 minutes more. I'm sure the hour of foil-wrapped tenderizing is particularly important. I did use strong coffee before wrapping the ribs in foil. I see no reason why it won't keep as long as all of the constituent spices —months, easily, if kept airtight. https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sandra-lee/seattle-bbq-beef-ribs-recipe This recipe is excellent!! Magnificentness! Sauce as the ribs cook until they are done flipping them frequently. Great Recipe =}. It’s perplexing, isn’t it, just how tricky it is to find a really reliable rub? That’s because when they’re cooked properly—which is to say, low and slow—the meat turns tremendously magnificent in terms of both taste and texture. If the desired temperature has not been reached, check every 20 minutes until it comes to temperature. Rinse ribs and add to boiling water. I also tried the ribs without the sauce to see the difference, and found the rub is good enough that you don’t need any sauce. Check the internal temperature of the ribs. The recipe also works with short ribs, but might be better for them with a longer cooking time. Barbecued Beef Back Ribs Recipe © 2010 Ray Lampe. Beef back ribs are the bones from which the rib roast or rib eye steaks are taken from and they typically don’t have much meat on them. Because these barbecued beef back ribs are ridiculously affordable  (truth be told, there isn’t an abundance of meat on them) and you’re going to want to make them again and again and again. Since the Superwave oven cooks much faster I adjusted the cooking times. The second time I tried it I did baste the ribs with a root beer barbecue sauce I made. So yummy! I had everything for the rub except the cayanne pepper and the coriander seed. At first I thought that the amount of allspice called for wouldn’t add much for flavor but it did! 8. I rubbed the ingredients on the ribs and cooked them under pressure for 25 mins, then I rubbed the ribs with commercial bbq sauce, covered them in foil, and oven-cooked them for 30 mins so the spices are all inside the meat, which is soft and juicy inside and crispy outside.