SO delicious, thank you! Stews remind me of my childhood… Of coming in from the blustering outdoors with ruby cheeks and a smile.  (Review from Allrecipes US | Canada), I loved this but my husband did not, so I will make this for me on the nights he can not be home. Let the soup cook for at least 6 hours, or until the beef is tender and falling apart and the soup has thickened up considerably. Adding lentils instead of potatoes sounds insanely good! That looks soooo good. Have you used the left overs on anything else? Cook regularly in cooler months, kids love it I also add chopped potatoes to make it last longer, Hi Sommer. I love the added Tarragon. Pingback: 101 Instant Pot Beef Recipes ⋆ Recipe This. Diversity in Medicine Scholarship Contest, 1 1/2 lb Beef chuck, cut into 1-inch cubes. allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/28220/german-lentil-soup-with-beef.aspx Wow… this looks fabulous! Use a large stockpot! :). Lentils are evil. Ladle into bowls to serve. I was on the fence about opening a new bottle of red wine for this dish but there is such a depth of flavor that comes with it. Love this recipe! Brown the meat, stirring regularly, for 5-10 minutes. Especially with the lentils and wine. Serves. I loved the kind words you had for your mother, I hope my children think and write about me like that some day;-). Your email address will not be published. The best stew I ever made was on a woodstove. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. I’ve seen snow in June here in the Rocky Mountains, even though we have spring like days, my winter lingers a little to long sometimes. -  This is so good. I ended up pulling the lentils and veggies out of the broth and cooking the meat solo for another hour and a half until it was properly, meltingly tender. This is absolutely delicious! Discard the rosemary stem. I cooked for two hours just to be sure meat was tender and it was! Season the turnips with cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and basil and add them to the pot. However, red lentils don’t hold their shape quite as well as the brown lentils, so they will likely dissolve and thicken the soup. Made this stew and shared it with my dorm-mates. Simple, tasty, makes a ton and cheap. Bring to the boil, then simmer over low heat for 15 minutes. How yummy as written and good for leftovers! I’d love a nice warm bowl of that stew right now! 4. This looks delicious. Love your photos too! This is a great hearty stew and is very comforting on this cold and rainy night! I made this stew over the weekend and my husband said, “this is my favorite dish!” I live on the coast in Ca. Our Beef and Lentil Stew is just the dish to fill and warm your belly this season! Thanks for sharing :). Beef Stew: Rustic, packed with flavor, and so comforting. Cheers! Beef Stew: Rustic, packed with flavor, and so comforting.Our Beef and Lentil Stew is just the dish to fill and warm your belly this season!. This deceptively simple recipe is DELICIOUS!!! Pingback: Oven Braised Beef Stew - melissassouthernstylekitchen.com, Pingback: Moroccan Carrot Red Lentil Soup - A Cedar Spoon. Overall very good soup for this chilly autumn temperatures! Amount is based on available nutrient data. I also used radish instead of turnip. You saved Beef and Lentil Stew to your. Everyone loved it, even my neighbor whom I gave a big bowl to. The email addresses you've entered will not be stored and will only be used to send this email. | © 2020 Oz Media LLC, All Rights Reserved | Terms, What’s Keeping You Up At Night? The actual modification was in the procedure I added the lentils and the potatoes last after the beef was cooked to tender fork soft. SmartPoints® value per serving. For my take on this stew, I used traditional French cooking techniques which I shall discuss as we go along. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Hilarious! This will also thicken up upon cooling. It’s still bitter cold in my neck of the woods – warm and comforting stew like this are desired and welcome!