Whether you are an online subscriber, get the paper in the mail, delivered to your door in Manhattan, or are just passing through, every reader counts. In another sign of prescience, her next cookbook, which will be out on Oct. 6, is “Modern Comfort Food.” She had originally chosen to focus on comfort food, she said, because, “It’s coming out right before the election, and I thought people would be stressed. The parlor was so handsome and cozy…  For dinner, we were seated in “The Tavern” of the restaurant – the basement of the antique house was dark, cozy, and candlelit – not stuffy at all. East Hampton Town Trustees Ponder Staggered Terms, Veterans Day Observances on the South Fork. . All rights reserved. On March 15, one week before Gov. The couple have taken drives to Montauk, Bridgehampton, and the Shelter Island ferry, “so that we don’t feel like we’re under house arrest,” and they’ve been watching classic movies. “I kind of nailed it,” she said. Though she sold the shop to focus more on her television show and cookbooks, and it has since closed, she continues to have an office above where the shop was once located. Their evening was just as I imagined it would be – they had boisterous conversations, were laughing plenty, and she invited them all over for drinks at their home at around 10pm. Little did I know that we’d have layers and layers of stress.” Even she is impressed at the perfect timing. It's a residential neighborhood in East Hampton. To our absolute thrill and shock, we were seated at the next table over from hers! Welcome to JSH Home Essentials, a Home and Garden blog and store devoted to slowing down, homemade meals, cozy homes, gardening, country living, easy entertaining, special holidays and everyday occasions. We happened to be seated right next to The Barefoot Contessa herself! When I told them that, they thought I had lost it.”. She’s been using Zoom to have meetings, take yoga classes, and catch up with people, but she’s not a big fan of connecting via screens. I found this place by fluke in Waze. The Barefoot Contessa takes House Beautiful on a tour of her simple yet elegant new barn in the Hamptons. That’s probably why we get so excited when we learn anything new about the queen of comfort food — and even more so when we get another glimpse into her gorgeous East Hamptons home. 'Barefoot Contessa' viewers may be familiar with Ina Garten's 'Barn,' but here's a behind-the-scenes tour you've likely never seen before. This is Ina Garten’s (The Barefoot Contessa) favorite spots… she had this signed copy in the parlor – she’s used a couple of her favorite recipes from the restaurant (1770 House) in her book (ex. We had dinner and drinks at The 1770 House.

Food Network Star Ina Garten started out on the road to food fame with a specialty shop called the Barefoot Contessa on Newtown Lane in East Hampton. “I gained 600,000 followers.”. “Please take every precaution and stay safe!”, “I took it seriously from the very beginning,” said Ms. Garten on Friday. Sometimes I still can’t believe we sat next to the Barefoot Contessa at dinner last year when we visited the Hamptons… I just had to share this post again! But outside of show, we rarely go behind-the-scenes of the Barn — until now. Drop in for attentive service, thoughtful gift ideas and even the greeting cards to go with them. East Hampton Weekend : Barefoot Contessa Sighting & Martha Stewart’s Home. When her friends visit, everyone remains at least six feet apart, and must take their own snacks.