Oh no. This hot dog chili sauce freezes well. It's simple to make plus freezer and meal prep friendly. Cook for approximately 30 minutes sauce has thickened. I like to let my sauce simmer all day in the slow cooker instead of the stove. Repeat the process until all of the potatoes are parcooked. Blue Ribbon Award Winning Chili is, you guessed it, a chili cook-off winning recipe! Great on hot dogs, fries and as a chili base! I can’t wait to try out this recipe. Combine everything and simmer until thick. Peel off some of the papery skin from the garlic and then smash the head of garlic with the heel of your hand to loosen the cloves; if you only need a few cloves, leave the head intact and pull some off. Thanks for sharing. 5! We just pinned this to our Comfort Food board, and thanks for the follow on Instragram and letting us discover your blog . Put over cooked Although I’ve never compared the “real thing” to this copycat recipe in a side-by-side comparison, this hot dog chili sauce recipe tastes like what I remember the “real thing” to be. Stir … Have a great day! OUTSTANDING. Roughly chop the clove then move your free hand flat across the tip of the knife and use a rocking motion to chop the garlic until it’s finely minced. WOW! A winner! Serve with bowls of shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and chopped green onion. Sauté the onions and garlic until soft, 3 to 5 minutes. And while it isn’t unique, per say, my chili always uses Hunt’s vine ripened tomatoes and BUSH’S slow-simmered chili beans. We've gathered our favorite chili recipes for an all-star roundup that's sure to please to whole family. I have to say that I am nothing but pleased with this recipe! I haven’t been to the Warren location for sometime since the Girard location is much closer. Chili-Rubbed Pork Chops with Grilled Pineapple Salsa Pork. I crave a hot dog. Using three types of meat, ground beef, ground sausage and bacon, gives it layers of sophistication. They have CHILI PRIDE! Thanks! I can’t wait to put this over some fries and dogs this weekend. Highly recommended. Yep…we like this sauce that much in our family. Has anyone tried Jay’s Chili Sauce made in Youngstown, Ohio. Chili is just so easy to make and it’s easily adaptable for when you need to feed a crowd. Will be making this next time we have hotdogs. When I think of Halloween, I think of Chili. Thanks, Could this be canned in a pressure canner…. Then make some fries to go with it. Just portion it out in smaller containers, freeze, and you’re ready for game day, Friday, or whenever that chili craving hits. A SOUTHERN SOUL. Along with the ketchup, hot pepper sauce, minced onion and a bit of garlic, there 's a can of soda.This sauce cooks up thick and tasty, and ready to slap on some ribs. Pinned to my food board. One question, should your recipe read “8 oz. The pimentos threw me at first, because we cook chili with chiles here, but they add a mild chile flavor without being too intrusive. in Education and over 30 years of cooking and baking, I want to teach YOU the best of our family recipes. In a large saucepan, brown hamburger, onions and garlic. This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. In my world there are two ingredients that no chili should ever be without: Hunt’s vine ripened tomatoes and BUSH’S slow-simmered chili beans. A waste of a perfectly good package of ground beef. It completely fills my 6-quart slow cooker  You can always half recipe, but I recommend making a full recipe. Adjust seasonings to your liking, depending on your taste, you may want to add in 1 tsp ancho chili powder or a TBS of cocoa powder (which I do from time to time for a depth of flavor). We all love hot dogs and chili! Follow these steps and learn how to make your own flavorful chicken stock. Are you referring to pimentos in a jar? However, all bets are off when there is Hot Dog Chili Sauce in the fridge. She is obsessed with butter, salt and bacon and spends all her time in the kitchen and behind a camera. Add more or less sugar, depending on how sweet you like it. Can hardly wait to make this. Stir in the beer and stock. Would corn starch work? Take Note We will not respond to member emails. Add tomatoes and tomato paste. To crush the peeled garlic, lay the flat side of the knife over the clove and smash it again. *You can also use a regular blender, making sure to blend in small batches to avoid getting burned.