Most notably, the late President John F. Kennedy served as an officer in the Navy. I need help making this decision and its urgent! By using the site you agree to our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies. Perhaps, today, more important than modern weapons and a large military is, a perpetual state of readiness and ability to launch a surprise attack on all fronts. They have more opportunities for promotion, more schools, etc. Specializes in Vents, Telemetry, Home Care, Home infusion. In that case, you'd have to make 30,000-40,000+ to have an equivalent quality of life, but it's not something the average 18-20 year old considers. what is life like deployed in both branches? (... and the likelihood of EVER being shot at in the Navy is probably less than on the streets in your hometown... unless you VOLUNTEER for the SEALS or have some insane desire to become a Navy Medic.. © 2020 Hirepurpose. The Air Force may have the best bases and food... but the Navy is a close second. Marine Corps bases tend to be minimalist compared to almost every other service. @media (max-width: 1171px) { .sidead300 { margin-left: -20px; } } • In a navy, there are different ranks for the officers such Midshipman, Lieutenant, Commander, Captain, Rear Admiral, Admiral, etc. 1. I am 21 and married with 2 children and am thinking about joining the Army or Navy. Who CARES! It was only after Pearl Harbor incident that US realized the importance of safeguarding its territorial waters and deployed a strong navy for the purpose. We and our partners will store and/or access information on your device through the use of cookies and similar technologies, to display personalised ads and content, for ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. This conversation then followed: “Oh, military. And aside from a brief obligation due to participating in military education, nothing is forcing me to stay. I would say the Army easily has more fun in a short enlistment though. We are in for good reasons: service, employment, educational opportunities, and a legal way to blow stuff up. According to the organization's official mission statement, IMCOM G9 delivers "quality … But I count myself lucky, lucky, LUCKY that I have spent my entire adult life loving on the Navy. This was a result of the development of transportation, as now countries were crossing waters to conquer other countries. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Your Privacy Controls. Welcome! Now, tell me, can you compare your left hand with your right hand, no matter you be a left hander or a right hander? Every soldier and marine I've ever met wishes he/she had joined the Air Force. The Army has made great strides in their quality of life programs (barracks, family housing, on-base shopping and services, and recreation) since 9/11. The Air Force makes military service feel like a regular job. The following errors occurred with your submission. ARMY VS NAVY Who we are Nine Line Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, dedicated to meeting the financial and specialized needs of severely injured soldiers and their families. It's generally considered to have more of a focus on family and quality of life than the other branches. The USMC is to the Army as the Army is to the USAF. There is a huge difference between the quality of life between the two. Army vs Navy The difference between army and navy is basically in their duties and territories. There are typically fewer quality of life issues that you’ll find in the Air Force when comparing this branch of the military to the Navy or the other options available to you. Well, there was a time when I was set on being an intelligence officer in the army. Same is the case with army and navy, which are integral parts of a military. The word army comes from Greek armata meaning armed forces. A soldier from the 36th Infantry Division, Texas Army National Guard observes a section of the Rio Grande River at sunset in support of Operation Strong Safety. Our members represent more than 60 professional nursing specialties. Drive through an Army post, then through an Air Force base. You mean force? Related: Reflecting on 20 years of service in the military ». News, Navy Vet Gets Eviction Notice After Hanging American Flag on Navy Day. This, I suspect, is true in any career. The Air Force has the reputation of having the best quality of life programs (dormitories, family housing, on-base shopping and services, and recreation) of all the military service branches. The difference between army and navy is basically in their duties and territories. • Navy focuses on protecting the territorial waters of a country. • In a large scale war, the collaboration between army and navy is essential. The United States Army's Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) Programs are executed within the Installation Management Command G9, Family and MWR Directorate, following the deactivation of the Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation Command on 3 June 2011 in a ceremony at Fort Sam Houston. 7. We have a choice and are not prisoners of our decisions to join the military. Another menace for countries having a long coastline is pirates that have been asking for ransom from countries in lieu of their cargo vessels and crew that these pirate hold hostage. Social debt? Army life vs Navy Life and Air Force life? So, the branch of armed forces dedicated to protecting the waters of a state is known as navy. as an applicant approaching 30 I am looking for a job I can have for a career until my retirement. Tons of people fix different parts of the air craft or missiles. Images Courtesy: U.S. Army Rangers of 3rd Battalion 75th Ranger Regiment  and US Navy via Wikicommons (Public Domain), Filed Under: Defence Tagged With: armata, armed force, Army, army and navy, army definition, maritime security, Military, naval force, Navy, navy and army, navy definition, pirates, security of a territory, Koshal is a graduate in Language Studies with a Master's Degree in Linguistics. What the clerk asked was not intended to sound like a life sentence without parole. After a few years, I was considering the Royal Navy. It is naval force of a country that comes handy in these situations. This is a great place to share your journey in becoming a military nurse, to find out how to join or to share common issues or concerns related to this singular specialty. While progress is occuring, there are many bases all over the world to update. The lesson I draw from this small investigation is that being in for life, even after time in uniform ends, is an active, daily decision to live by a service’s values. I've heard many stories about the quality of life in the RAF compared with the army. However, different units of the navy can have different uniforms. I did, in fact, give birth to a kid determined to join the Army. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service. If you pay more attention you can see that a navy is as helpful in diverting the attention of enemy as an army. After my brother joined up, i wanted to make him proud and join him. Many former soldiers separate and completely segregate their time in uniform from who they are now. Informations sur votre appareil et sur votre connexion Internet, y compris votre adresse IP, Navigation et recherche lors de l’utilisation des sites Web et applications Verizon Media. Also, this division between army and navy in the territory they look after gives a country more protection. Rod Powers was the U.S. Military expert for The Balance Careers and was a retired Air Force First Sergeant with 22 years of active duty service. In fact, in ancient times or as late as Roman Empire, the concept of an army was all that was there to describe the power of a state. After basic, life is pretty much a 9-to-5 job. No one can forget how Japan surprised US during the World War II with a brutal attack on Pearl Harbor, though US retaliated by bombing the cities of Nagasaki and Hiroshima. That’s fine. Does the National Guard or Reserves (for any branch) take Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners. Our Quality of Life priorities include housing, health … Find out more about how we use your information in our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. It was army alone that was responsible to oversee the safety and security of a territory. Photo by Maj. Randall Stillinger You'd have to look it up. In combat, a Nine Line is an emergency medevac request, and is often the difference between life … Raising your kids and supporting your wife will be the main adventure. • Army consists of infantry and armed soldiers that travel on the ground to attack enemies. 1-612-816-8773. But the modern army is only the armed force that travels on land to reach enemy forces. It was only much later that the concept of a separate force to look after maritime security of a nation began to take shape. Our mission is to Empower, Unite, and Advance every nurse, student, and educator. allnurses.com, INC, 7900 International Drive #300, Bloomington MN 55425 The U.S. Army is committed to improving the quality of life of our Soldiers and their families. • Army uniform is mostly green or brown colored so that the soldiers can blend in with the environment. Wars today are fought more in minds than on paper or actual battlefronts. Taking advantage of every type of enviornment to learn how to do things you'd never encounter ... like ice fishing or riding horses in Wyoming. At church, a week later, a prayer was offered: Pray for those in prison and in the military. Advice needed regarding reserve/guard nursing. All rights reserved. There it was again. 2 replies RN interested in Air Force by Ally54, Sep 25, 2019. Thus, for countries like US and India, maintaining a powerful navy is perhaps even more significant than spending more and more on army alone. I offered my military ID out of habit. It’s a necessary function to preserve our Constitution, way of life, and interests abroad. I feel I missed a good opportunity to talk about the Army with that Verizon store clerk. Pour autoriser Verizon Media et nos partenaires à traiter vos données personnelles, sélectionnez 'J'accepte' ou 'Gérer les paramètres' pour obtenir plus d’informations et pour gérer vos choix. The Navy is a little more choosy than the Army but not Air Force. As always, OPSEC is a factor. A long time, a few more years, but not that long.”, “Right,” he said, maybe with a touch of embarrassment, “...a long time.”. But still, it made me think, could this be the civilian perception of the career soldier? Both took actions to be where they are. In a similar manner, what an army finds difficult can be easily achieved with the help of a trained navy. Orrrr.... you CAN get stationed for a year in Greenland or way up in North Dakota. So, army alone was enough to handle the enemy. Information about your device and internet connection, including your IP address, Browsing and search activity while using Verizon Media websites and apps. Strikes deep inside a country are possible with the help of a navy much more easily without coming to notice of the enemy. But the military is also steady work with great training and educational opportunities. Why? • The basic navy uniform is white. After 20-plus years, a career service member has to want to be in for life beyond just a “I do solemnly swear” sense and more of a “this is a part of me now” sense. Huge variety. Location: Hard aground in the Sonoran Desert. The rules and designs of a war have changed completely with time, and the traditional concept of charging ahead with infantry is a concept of a bygone era. Including family housing, on-base shopping and services, and more. Vous pouvez modifier vos choix à tout moment dans vos paramètres de vie privée. One of the problems of being a department of the Navy (the men's department) is they tend to get table scraps. During my bi-annual visit to a local Verizon shop for a cell phone upgrade, the representative assisting me asked for identification to validate my account. A soldier from the 36th Infantry Division, Texas Army National Guard observes a section of the Rio Grande River at sunset in support of Operation Strong Safety. Are you stationed up at the Army base?”, As the store representative worked to activate my new phone, he said, “So, you think you’ll be in for life?”, I felt an odd hiccup, and replied “No, not for life.